Install Recovery Console to Boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilmail17

Journeyman
It often happens that something goes wrong with XP and we need to reboot the system using XP bootable and have to repair the XP using the recovery Console. but now we dont need the bootable CD every time you need to repair XP because you can install the recovery console on the harddisk itself and then simply select the Recovery Console option from the bootmenu whenever you need to repair the XP.

To install Recovery Console insert the XP bootable disk in the CDROM and goto Command prompt(start>run cmd enter) now here type

Code:
[b]x:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons [/b]

This will install recovery console to the boot menu.(where x is CDROM drive letter).

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
This tut teaches not just adding the recovery console to menu, but also how to use it :cool:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66425&highlight=Recovery

Jags

Journeyman
anilmail17 said:
It often happens that something goes wrong with XP and we need to reboot the system using XP bootable and have to repair the XP using the recovery Console. but now we dont need the bootable CD every time you need to repair XP because you can install the recovery console on the harddisk itself and then simply select the Recovery Console option from the bootmenu whenever you need to repair the XP.

To install Recovery Console insert the XP bootable disk in the CDROM and goto Command prompt(start>run cmd enter) now here type

Code:
[b]x:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons [/b]

This will install recovery console to the boot menu.(where x is CDROM drive letter).
hmmm..interesting and quite useful..
I feel outdated (they say its old, bt for me its new) :(

anyhow..thanx for the gr8 info !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom