install openoffice 2 in puppy linux multisession live cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I am using puppy linux multisession live cd. The included software was inadequate for me. I want to install open openoffice 2. I have already downloaded this file . Now how to install this and write and save this to cd. I am dummy as far as linux is concerned. please help me. When I tried to install through the GUI of Puppy I got error message.

praka123

left this forum longback
there is pupget package manager.try with that.also U should read about puppy's administration things from puppysite or other webresources.may be they purposefully not packaged open office as it takes huge memories also as it is a live cd...
*puppylinux.com/development/package-management.htm
*puppylinux.org/docs/?Puppy_Linux_Documentation&print
*puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyLinuxMainPage
*dotpups.de/dotpups/
*www.puppylinux.com/multi-puppy.htm

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Prakash is right,you shouldn't go for Oo.org because of two factors - high RAM and large storage space.
If you got RAM higher than 512mb than you can install Openoffice.org.
And also you will require space of ~200mb. So, Oo.org will make puppy swell from ~63. So, to keep the size down and increase portability, Oo.org has been kept out.
But, if you think both the above are not a problem - you got enough RAM and lot of space eg a CD or a 512 MB flash drive, you can install Oo.org.
But, still remember your performance will take a major hit, if you install Oo.org in a live cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom