1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

install openoffice 2 in puppy linux multisession live cd

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by Ramakrishnan, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramakrishnan

Ramakrishnan The Researcher

I am using puppy linux multisession live cd. The included software was inadequate for me. I want to install open openoffice 2. I have already downloaded this file . Now how to install this and write and save this to cd. I am dummy as far as linux is concerned. please help me. When I tried to install through the GUI of Puppy I got error message.

2. praka123

praka123 left this forum longback

3. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

Prakash is right,you shouldn't go for Oo.org because of two factors - high RAM and large storage space.
    If you got RAM higher than 512mb than you can install Openoffice.org.
    And also you will require space of ~200mb. So, Oo.org will make puppy swell from ~63. So, to keep the size down and increase portability, Oo.org has been kept out.
    But, if you think both the above are not a problem - you got enough RAM and lot of space eg a CD or a 512 MB flash drive, you can install Oo.org.
    But, still remember your performance will take a major hit, if you install Oo.org in a live cd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.