i have install red hat enteprise edition as 4.0 and ubuntu 5.10

but iam a using ubuntu as it seems easy

how to install application from digit cd /dvd

like i having problem installing real player from digit dvd
i have follow instruction given in documemtation
it give this error
shivi4@ubuntu:~$ sudo ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
Password:
./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
shivi4@ubuntu:~$

i am planning to remove ed hat and install new linux vesion
should i install fc 5 or madriva as it is easy ( i heard)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I suggest that you install Mandriva Linux 2006. It's very easy to use & so simple.
For users migrating to Linux , who are new to the Linux OS, Mandriva Linux is the
best one. I suggest that you also install Windows XP first & install Mandriva Linux.
Anyway you can access the Windows partitions from Linux. Also you may miss some
Windows applications that are not available in Linux!! In Ubuntu you need to do some tweaks for it to work properly.

borg

In the zone
hmmm... it seems that you are facing a dependency problem. You will face this quite often in Linux. It seems the file libstdc++.so.5 is needed before Realplayer can be installed.

Search the install disk for this file, install this & then proceed to install Realplayer. If you have an internet connection, you can also search for this file on the net. try searching for 'ubuntu libstdc++.so.5' or something like that. You can also open the synapic utiliy & search for the same.

Whatever you do, you need to install that file before you can install realplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom