information technology and computer science

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkpeerless

In the zone
i want to stugy on computer in a engeenering collage can u tell me the difference between information technology and computer science.
and wich is more demanding

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
In kolkata, While Seating for campus interview, student of Both the Stream attend at same place, therefore in India they hardly differ, but as per study go one should preffer, computer science more than IT :D

gr8usr

Broken In
I am finishing up with my IT eng at pune univ and here is the diff as i c it..
Comp engg has more focus on algorithms and more hardware in comparison. IT has more focus on app level programming, lesser hardware...
Both the fields are not differentiated a lot in the industry but certain companies like google etc which require a very sound knoledge of algorithms prefer comp engineers....

Dude if u are thinking of choosing a course on the basis of it being easier...do reconsider....engineering is taxing at times whatever be the field...

bkpeerless said:
i want to stugy on computer in a engeenering collage can u tell me the difference between information technology and computer science.
and wich is more demanding

jal_desai

In the zone
gr8usr is right. I am too an IT student currently in the last year. IT is basically more focussed on softwares and applications, Operating Systems, Compilers, study of Simulation and modelling, algorithms, prob and stats and not to forget some amount of business management. thts wat makes IT ..... an IT. (however u will study basics of hardware and also microprocessors like 8085 and 8051 and also the assembly languages)

On the other hand, Computer science or Computer engineering deals majorly with hardware. tht means more of microprocessors and RAM and hard disk and all... a little more technical...

now u choose ur field... best of luck buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom