Information Regarding Online Purchase of Graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
hi, I hv noticed that the prices of graphics cards/other hardwares are pretty cheap if we get them from Amazon.com... (for e.g. $160 for XFX 6600GT) .. do they really can transfer those hardwares to doorsteps in India ??? or is there a catch ??? Please guide me through this .... I have really no idea of online buying!!!.... The prices that are quoted for high end graphics cards online is really tempting!!!!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Welcome to the club buddy. Initially I also felt the same way. The prices in US are really tempting and I generally feel that it is unfair that we in India should buy the same product at almost double or triple the price qouted. Not only graphics cards, the prices of other computer parts are also cheaper, including one notable mention, the Bose home theater systems...This is just an example. Not only Amazon.com, the cheapest prices can be got in www.newegg.com and www.tigerdirect.com as well. I remember once seeing the price of a 256MB 7800GT qouted at around $385 (coming to INR 17000 approx) and a X800XL PCI-express at $230 (INR 10000). Now where in India will you get a qoute like this!!!

It is because of the very bad policy of the government regarding import duties which $ucks totally that we are deprived of such price qoutes.

And US websites like amazon, newegg and tigerdirect don't ship to India. So there is no chance that we will get those...EVER. Only if you have any friend or relative in the US, then you can buy that and get them. And they only accept payments through credit card, and preferably a paypal account.

I sincerely apologise if I have offended someone but this is the only matter regarding which I feel very very very very bad and deprived. I feel others here feel the same way as well. Please feel free to voice your opinions regarding my feelings.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
thanx buddy for the comprehensive info !!!! Its really sad to pay > Rs 20k for a 6800U in India, whose online prices come to b well below 15k ....

wolfff

Broken In
However there is hope my friends. There are some websites from where you can buy and they will ship to India. Amazon will currently ship DVD's, CD's and Books to India. Last month I did order a DVD from Amazon, paid from my Credit Card, and it was delivered to my doorstep 9 days later! However the amazon site clearly states that only those 3 items will be shipped internationally. :( You can order mice and some accessories from razerzone.com and corepad.com, and they will ship from India. There are some websites which also ship gfx card and stuff to India, however I will name only these 3, as these are the only ones which I personally have seen deliver to me/my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom