Info: Get the LFY mag of Jan 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hi guys,

Don't forget to but this month's LinuxForYou mag. They have given the evolution and architecture of OpenMoko platform very nicely along with the interview of Sean Moss-Pultz. They have compared it against Symbian/Windows Mobile and there are also articles on Android and Qtopia. People who swear by Symbian should also read about its limitations and company policy. All in all a very enthusiastic read :)

Those interested in Linux on mobile should definitely check it out.

[..on a sidenote, its also accompanied by a Linux Mint cd..]

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi guys,

Don't forget to but this month's LinuxForYou mag. They have given the evolution and architecture of OpenMoko platform very nicely along with the interview of Sean Moss-Pultz. They have compared it against Symbian/Windows Mobile and there are also articles on Android and Qtopia. People who swear by Symbian should also read about its limitations and company policy. All in all a very enthusiastic read :)

Those interested in Linux on mobile should definitely check it out.

[..on a sidenote, its also accompanied by a Linux Mint cd..]

Yup I got one copy. I wish the Mint that came with it was the DVD edition though :(

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I got it yoo, mint really rocks, but i wish they'd given k3b with it too, its a pain to get it on Airtel GPRS connection.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Got it for the first time.Seems good.!Except it isn't as "fun" reading as Digit.Too technical language in some articles.

praka123

left this forum longback
^earlier LFY mag was bundled as 2 books,one is main mag(n00b friendly) and second one is called LFY PRO which contains programming and networking,device driver howto etc before.

Now,as they are shipping the mag to GB,Singapore,Malayasia etc along with SAARC nations,they may have to do this!(1 mag)

I love LFY because its technical and hence appealing to the brain. But this month I had a huge issue. I wanted Digit(the Zero One Awards which they forgot to put into the December Issue. Grrrr...), LFY(for pure technical knowledge), aswell as PC Quest(they are giving their backtrack on PDF).

In the end, yesterday I managed to finally save Rs. 100/- for PC Quest, and the Rs. 140/- I saved for Digit is only Rs. 100/- now, as that Rs. 40 got lost in a swimming pool, and LFY looks distant. The month is already over.

Wish these magazines also had a PC version(filled with Advertisements to pay for the cost), in PDF, which has the same content as the Book, but more ads, and no Discs. If such a version of Digit was available for Rs. 20/- online(after booking offline or via phone), I would gladly subscribe it, and get the real book version only if its really good.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
^^ now that is a good idea. Wonder why the mag companies don't think of that. But these mags would then be freely (piracy) distributed right?
They could rather have an online version of their mags as html format instead for subscribers which should be very low charge.

^^ now that is a good idea. Wonder why the mag companies don't think of that. But these mags would then be freely (piracy) distributed right?
They could rather have an online version of their mags as html format instead for subscribers which should be very low charge.
well, the web version will still be scannable. There are softwares for that.
Anyway, if its as low cost as Rs. 20, nobody will think of piracy. Its like the success of Moser Baer Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom