Indian Defence Land to get Digitised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
The Indian Defence Ministry has launched a software application called "Raksha Bhoomi", to help digitise the entire land records of the defence forces, measuring almost 17 Lakh acres.
The Entire digitisation of the Land records has been planned over two phases.
The process is expected to cost Rs 2.52 Crore.

So a good news, Even if our country is not developing but the ARMY is getting everything computerised and will some day help in developing our Nation.

Sourabh

Laptoping
I am suprised that we still don't have it digitized. With a budget of just 2.5 crores, I think it would just be conversion of the existing maps, plotted aerial/satellite photographs in digital format without starting from scratch. The same could have been done long time ago as these softwares are nothing new. Last year, as part of a tutorial, we were given a demo of a software developed by IIT-Bombay for digitization of maps. It may be very easy, but it is a very time consuming process and requires hell lotta efforts for sure. So, digitizing the 17 lakh acres of land with all the details would really take some doing.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
The main problem is corruption which is blocking all roads to development. Otherwise we hav the best engineers in the world, but due to Brain Drain Evry1 is going OUT.

Sourabh

Laptoping
thecyclone2k said:
It won't take much time for the decimal change it's place (right side) or vanish completely!

I hope you were being sarcastic because digitization doesn't have anything to do with decimals.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Manshahia said:
The main problem is corruption which is blocking all roads to development. Otherwise we hav the best engineers in the world, but due to Brain Drain Evry1 is going OUT.

so then do it before they go out...

Army should fund IIT or such student projects to their (Army) advantage... rather asking their own Engg department to do, ask them supervise it where Students starts the work as their project... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom