'India, Pak not good enough for WC' - Habibul Bashar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Guyana: Bangladesh are the surprise entrant into the Super Eights stage of the World Cup and their skipper Habibul Bashar has hit out at people who bemoan the absence of India and Pakistan, saying they do not have a right to be in the finals.

"Someone asked me whether the World Cup has become stale after the exit of India and Pakistan," Bashar wrote in his column in the Prothom Alo newspaper.

"It seems that at any cost India and Pakistan should be included in the Super Eight. They are not saying that India and Pakistan lost two out of their three first round matches," Bashar said.

Bashar believed that India and Pakistan did not have the right to play in the Super Eights.

"They don't have the right to play in the Super Eight," he said. "If this attitude persists, one should organise 'Top Ranking Cup' instead of the World Cup, where the teams will play according to their rankings."

He said that the World Cup was not a property of one or two teams.

"The World Cup is not a property of one or two teams. It belongs to every one and the best team will win the Cup," he added.

Bashar was annoyed with critics who were still not convinced that Bangladesh should be in the Super Eights even after they caused a big upset by beating South Africa, who were the top ranked ODI team then, by 67 runs on April 7 in Guyana.

"This win was important for us. We have shown we are not just here to make up the group but we are capable of winning too," Bashar said.

"We always have belief we can play good cricket. We always believe we came in Super Eight because we had done something good in first round. But we needed to prove ourselves as well that we can play at this level," he said.

Bangladesh meet England in their next match at Barbados on Wednesday, followed by Ireland and West Indies at the same venue.

Source :- *www.cricketnext.com/news/india-pak-not-good-enough-for-wc/24284-13.html

2 match kya jeet liye apne aap ko pata nahi kya samajh rahe hai yeh Bangladeshi.:mad:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@gaurav_indian: Sour grapes much?? Dude...he was spot on...in fact, given the circumstances, I think he let us off light! :D Fully agree with Bashar...we suck!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
mikeon said:
the truth hurts brother....
But, who knows the whole truth? I don't for sure.
I smell of match fixing all around. Specially, more so after watching the pathetic innings played against bangladesh. Never have I seen him play so. In the 15 overs I saw him play hardly did he even make an attempt to hit a boundary, otherwise he doesn't even care about the situation around him and goes bezerk.
Similar thing had happened with India's innings, hardly anyone even try to hit a boundary.
And then woolmer's death.
Well, that's way too fishy for me atleast to believe that sport is clean anymore.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
gaurav_indian said:
2 match kya jeet liye apne aap ko pata nahi kya samajh rahe hai yeh Bangladeshi.:mad:

Bangladeshi 2 match to jeethe. Hamare team ne woh bhi nahin Kiya. What he said is 100% true. Indian cricket team doesn't deserve place in super 8's. They should play in world cup qualifiers for 2011 WC

csczero

Journeyman
EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY !! now he can say anything about india pak cricket ..... **** INDIRA GANDHI IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS REASON :mad:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Off topic, but we should return the compliment by kicking out the 1 crore Bangladeshis who live illegally in India. :)

blackpearl

The Devil
mail2and said:
Off topic, but we should return the compliment by kicking out the 1 crore Bangladeshis who live illegally in India. :)

Yeah, so a Bangladesh win = half India win. So enjoy!! :))

NucleusKore

TheSaint
He has a point, if they're there in the super 8 they've earned it. If India an/or Pakistan had made it to the super 8 it would be on pure quality of their game :p or so some people seem to suggest. I think we've all seen/heard enough

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
blackpearl said:
Yeah, so a Bangladesh win = half India win. So enjoy!! :))

Indira Gandhi is solely responsible for the Bangladesh loss. :D

If there was no Indira, there would have been no Bangladesh.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Haha...such SMS have been circulating these days!

Whatever anyone say...India did deserve to be in Super8 and upto Semifinals. They lost because of overconfidence. Even such things had happened in Football WC.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Tell me one thing,if they lost 2 out of 3 matches in 1st round why they deserve to be in super 8?On the basis of their past record?And semifinal hopes sounded like a joke even before the tournament.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
vimal_mehrotra said:
Tell me one thing,if they lost 2 out of 3 matches in 1st round why they deserve to be in super 8?On the basis of their past record?
Yes just like Sachin,Sehwag,Bhajji of their past performance.:D

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
On the basis that the entry of India and Pakistan could have made it easier for stronger teams than to face teams like Bangladesh and Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom