India May Ban Facebook, Orkut and Foreign Social Networking Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Close on the heels of the recent directive to telecom operators to provide for lawful interception of Blackberry and other encrypted messaging services, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has now asked Social Networking sites based outside India to fall in line.

"Sites such as Orkut and Facebook allow for heavily encrypted exchanges of information", a highly placed source at the MHA told Tech2.com. MHA officials are believed to be especially worried about the phenomenon of "scraps" and "pokes" respectively on these two sites.

"Imagine if applications such as SuperPoke fell into the hands of anti-national and anti-social (no pun intended) elements", remarked a senior MHA official who did not wish to be named. "The consequences could be disastrous, especially considering the lack of sufficient monitoring of Indian users' walls," he warned.

Source

cud be april fool's joke but when it comes to Indian Govt. u never know :oops:
PS: the bolded part seems to be dumb enough to make it seem like april fool's joke

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
India should get rid of grey haired ministers, atleast when it come to IT. You can't beat their stupid decisions, atleast sometimes. Their policy is like: "If the air is polluted, then ban breathing." = "If we can't curb cyber crime, we will ban the internet."

apoorv.sharma

Lean mean A@# kickin M/C
....and all of a sudden 90% of the Indian Internet users will come to a realization how "wella" they were and had nothing better to do...bang!..they can't find any other use for the net..stop using it...yay!..more bandwidth available..2Mbps for everyone!..muhahahahaha =)

ancientrites

In the zone
India should get rid of grey haired ministers, atleast when it come to IT. You can't beat their stupid decisions, atleast sometimes. Their policy is like: "If the air is polluted, then ban breathing." = "If we can't curb cyber crime, we will ban the internet."

that was awsome bro...it was very subjective.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I guess this is a 100% joke hehehe

EDIT: yes it is

UPDATE 1: (no, really!)

NASSCOM has been receiving numerous media enquiries all through the day. When asked to comment, Ganesh Natarajan (who takes over as NASSCOM Chairman on the 8th of this month) said that he wishes the readers of tech2.com a very happy April Fool's Day!

_

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
You cant predict india's decision....

Wait does all encryption count ? If this really happens....
My torrent are banned!
My yahoomail banned!
My messengers banned!
My satyam booking banned....

Superb! All i would be left with is google search!

F(-)ck all who tries to control internet...

Why cant they put more money in airway and security checking system?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Better be. Next we can expect a community or poll somewhere that petitions no to ban these sites.

dr_jimit

Journeyman
....and all of a sudden 90% of the Indian Internet users will come to a realization how "wella" they were and had nothing better to do...bang!..they can't find any other use for the net..stop using it...yay!..more bandwidth available..2Mbps for everyone!..muhahahahaha =)

Good 1. :D ,not 2 but 8Mbps:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom