Increasing Ram will solve my problem????

Status
Not open for further replies.

q3_abhi

Youngling
I have Celeron 1.7 Ghz,SiS 650 Graphics,128 Ram.(8Mb 2 graphics).
Now,

I want some good games like Spiderman-The Movie,Call of Duty,Hot Wheels-Stunt Challenge etc. 2 run smoothly on my pc.I have 128 Mb DDR Ram. Increasing Ram will solve the problem ? Because i get a very bad frame rate while playing many of the new games on my pc. Is it possible that increasing Ram and alloting some memory 2 graphics (32 or 64) will solve my problem?? If no then what suggestion do u give?? My father says he wont invest more then 2500/- for Gaming.
Help Help!! :( :(

D

dinesh_singh

yes

going from 128mb to 256 or 512 will definately improve your proformance...but if you need your system to be future you have to consider a whole system upgrade.
another piece of 128 mb ram will cost you around rs 800 and 256 mb will cost rs 1400
but it will let you play only a few games considering your present configuration

GameAddict

In the zone
CoD will run good on 256 MB RAM

Hi,

I have played Call of Duty on 845GL and 256 MB RAM. It runs good. So increasing your RAM to 256, should increase the performance of atleast CoD.

GA

rohanbee

Padawan
With RAM you can never have enough. If you have XP installed than it will be even worse cause XP itself has min specs of 128mb (actual minimums are 256mb though). So the first thing you should do is to get to 512mb of ram quick. You will experience a major difference in ram immediately. Especially when opening programmes and playing games.

sumitava_b

In the zone
q3_abhi said:
If no then what suggestion do u give?? My father says he wont invest more then 2500/- for Gaming.
Help Help!! :( :(

Get a pentium and explain your father that celerons r completely out-dated today (Save me from the celeron-users!! :D ). Pentium is bare necessity nowadays if u wanna play some latest games. Call of Duty may be okay with a ram upgradation, but games like doom/HL will be doomed in celeron. :p

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Look u have to first decide if u want a solution for short time or a good solution for long time. Convince ur dad that ram upgrade will be short time solution and then he have to shell out money periodically. So if possible buy a pentium, amd or even good sempron (better than celeron). U can decently uppgrade ur system if u want to, now a days with even small budget, but not with not how much u have......

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Also check this site out ...

www.c627627.com

It has very good details about processors ... it'll definitely help u to understand the drawbacks of the older celeron processors ...and the improvements in the newer pentium processors ....

OP
q3_abhi

q3_abhi

Youngling
Now,

I want 2 convince my dad How can upgrading 2 Pentium will help HIM !!! Becos he uses only microsoft and that too ver 97. He uses nothing else.
o how can i convince him??? What is the best recommneded upgrade in 3000/-???

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
find a second hand mx440/5200 and add another 256 mbs of ddr ram..will come within 3k... if u have sdram then there's no hope.. if your in kol mail me at ankon.ray@gmail.com.. I my be able to offer you a good deal

kunwar

In the zone
i have 64 mb onboard gfx memory.
but 1 day , i got an error that virtual memory is TOO low.
then i day i obtained a diagnostic report and WHAT I see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

Report Date: 05/18/2005
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 23:37:31
Driver Version: 6.14.10.3924
Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 247 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Graphics Memory in use: 5 MB
Processor: x86
Processor Speed: 2000 MHZ
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2562
Device Revision: 3

* Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator *

Active Monitors:1

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom