Increased RAM or GRAPHIX CARD???(edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Doom III requires atleast 384 MB, i have 256 MB installed running WINDOWS XP SP2 Home Edition. Should i increase RAM or get a Good Graphics Card. Budget 6.5 K ??? :?: My Current Config is :
PC 2100 DDR , INTEL EXTREME GRAPHICS and P4 1.9 GHz. I m plznning to buy KINGSTON 512 MB DDR. and may be a Graphics card???

vysakh

Padawan
increased RAM means better performance for ur system as a whole but it wont make up for ur graphics card because it doesnt support features like pixel shaders and HWTnL caps
get a graphics card and also some RAM

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hi
Why dont you tell us your present graphic card and may be we will help you more. Doom 3 needs Geforce2Mx Minimum graphic card. So try concentrating on that.
About the ram dont worry much you can easily get done with 256Mb as most of the ram hogging utilities on windows Xp can be disabled.
Just type services.msc at Run command from start Panel. Disable most of the services. ( There are lotsof sites where you can get the services you can disable ) Personally i think you can diable 140Mb atleast Ram from there.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Good News Pal U Can Upgrade Both With That much Budget......U can easily get a Geforce Mx440 or Mx4000 for and under 3k to 4k and a Ram (i.e DDR 256 MB Direct Chip) Would Cost your around 2.5k Approx I suppose......Tell us About ur current config and We'll Let u know The Rest..... :D

theraven

Technomancer
ram and graphics card have nuthin to do with each other if u talk abt them as separate entities
vysakh has explained this enuff
ddr 400 256 mb ram for 1.8 k ...
ddr266 256 mb ram 1.7k
that leaves u with 4.7-4.8 k
which will get u an fx 5200 ( dx 9 card)
or a gf4 ti 4400 ( i think ) ( dx 8.1) card
do NOT go for the MX series .. they SUC|<

[edit]
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11517
there ya go
check blade's post there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom