incomplete torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Hi Guys...

I downloaded a rar file using a torrent. However, as soon as the last 256 KB are left, the health becomes 00%. The total file size is 654 MB and only due to the last remaining 256 KB, the file is not opening.

Is there any way to convert the .bt! file to rar file? Manual renaming didn't work... :cry:

Please help...

go4saket

Check the below mentioned link. May be it will help you...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...d1&PHPSESSID=cfdf8b85d086fdcd3237f953dac1402a

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Thanks for the link...

Occasionally you will download a torrent that is in multiple .rar files and it will claim to be 100% complete overall. Then when you try and unrar it, it will say that it is unable to because one of the rar files is incomplete. What you need to do is select the file in the bitcomet and select files from the list which goes summary, trackers, files, peers, chat, log, statistics. You will then find that one of the files has got to 99.99%. This happens because some ****er has sent you a bit of corrupt data and the file has been unable to finish itself but it thinks it has finished. What you have to do is delete that file and then let it download the file again. This is the only major problem I have ever come across and is easily solvable once you know how. To delete the file right click on it and go to browse download directory and then delete the corresponding file out of the download directory.

This didn't help either....

planetcall

Indian by heart
It happens so many times. Being precise....most of the indians using torrents dont really want to share stuffs. It is hard to make people understand how important is it to share to make the community grow. I have been stuck at 90 % so many times before while downloading some indian classics or some abstract files. I have also waited for more than a month for a movie to be downloaded only because it had 1 seeder coming online and offline at random intervals.

IG

Journeyman
hmm..maybe that has something to do with datacaps for uploads.
and the fact that many ppl are on dialup....

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Is there any way to convert the bc! file to rar file? I opened it using the hex editor and replaced the header to Rar header. Now when I open it, it asks for the next file in the volume.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
What you can do is disable Bitcomet to add .bc extension to the files being downloaded.
Go to Preferences->Task->Disable "Add .bc extension to files".
You can then preview your media files as well.

planetcall

Indian by heart
yrana2002 said:
What you can do is disable Bitcomet to add .bc extension to the files being downloaded.

Why do this? You will always be confused if the file is fully downloaded or a junk. Its good to leave the way it is. If you really want to use the file before complete download then simply remove the .bc! from the end. It will become what you want.

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
planetcall said:
yrana2002 said:

Why do this? You will always be confused if the file is fully downloaded or a junk. Its good to leave the way it is. If you really want to use the file before complete download then simply remove the .bc! from the end. It will become what you want.

Tried renaming bc! to rar.... but it says, not a valid rar file... :(

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Try all of the following. If one doesnt work, switch onto the next one:

1. Click Options > Preferences > Advanced > Connection and change "Maximum Connections per task" & "Connections to keep per task" to 1, then resume the torrent.

2. Make sure the following is disabled in your router:
DMZ Mode (where all packets are forwarded a single machine by default)
Game Mode (very few routers support this function, so you probably won't be able to find this option)

3. Select the torrent task in BitComet then click the Files section (bottom left in the main window). If it contains any of the following file types, right click them and select Priority > Disabled:
desktop.ini
thumbs.db

Next right click the torrent task and select Manual Hash Check - this will check the data for errors. Then resume your download and hopefully it will finish.

4. Check in the Trackers if there is any tracker error. If there is one, then post the error code here.

planetcall

Indian by heart
You did not pay attention. When you ask for help you are atleast supposed to read the posts carefully. I said that remove the .bc! extension from the end. I said nowhere that you rename a file to .rar

To make it clear.....suppose the name of file you are downloading is game.rar then by default until it is downloaded bitcomet will name it as game.rar.bc! What you need to do is to remove the .bc! from the end.

You really annoyed me dood. *img84.exs.cx/img84/6927/palizaconsilla7eo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom