incomplete .avi file ( divx) viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Journeyman
i hv a broken i.e incompletely downloaded .avi file(as an attachment from an email) .Its compressed in divx .
Hence the WMP isnt allowing to open and view the file.
Hw can i see wht has been downloaded so far or rather wht is thier in the file?
Will i need to decompress it and hw ,as the original attachment got deleted.

nach p

Journeyman
I think Video Lan Player can play this incomplete file without installing any codec.
To play divx files in WMP requires to install codecs (xvid codec) but it cant play incomplete file.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
I usually view such files using the Media Player Classic that comes with the K-Lite Codec Pack.

slugger

Banned
IC CHIP 2005
DiVFix 1.10
DiVFix lets you watch partially downloaded DivX (AVI) movies. It can rebuild or strip the index part of the movie, which is at the end of the file.
Type: Free
Size: 256 KB
Minimum Requirement: Windows All
URL: *divfix.maxeline.com

devarajan

Journeyman
slugger said:
IC CHIP 2005
DiVFix 1.10
DiVFix lets you watch partially downloaded DivX (AVI) movies. It can rebuild or strip the index part of the movie, which is at the end of the file.
Type: Free
Size: 256 KB
Minimum Requirement: Windows All
URL: *divfix.maxeline.com

I will try out.I am searching for it for a long time :roll:

puja399

In the zone
If u can manage a copy of video fixer (*www.siskinsoft.com/products/videofixer/overview.html) it will be best for u.

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
here is the specific url for divfix...( i hd to do a bit searching for it over the url provided by devarajan ( no offnce meant) ....)

Code:
           *rammstein.dfmk.hu/~ilyr/

parthbarot

In the zone
1. *www.videolan.org
2. AVIPreview (search it on google or u can find it in Kazza Lite K++ package)

both r good for incomplete files...vlan plays any incomplete file..except rm i thnk.

Regards,
Parth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom