In WinAmp::Play RealMedia [.rm,.rmvb,etc.] & QuickTime [qt,.mov,.m4v,.m4p,.m4b] files

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdbest

Broken In
In WinAmp::play RealMedia [.rm,.rmvb,etc.] & QuickTime [qt,.mov,.m4v,.m4p,.m4b] files

Since WinAmp, one of the most popular Media (mostly Audio) Player don't directly support the RealMedia & QuickTime formats.
So here are few ways to LEGALLY tweak Winamp settings for playing the popular RealMedia & QuickTime Formats in the very popular WinAmp.

For RealMedia Formats

Note : These methods require Real Alternative to be installed, no need of Real Player, uninstall it & install Real Alternative.
RealAlternative LiNK

Method#1. DSHOW Including Real Media PLUG-IN
Open WinAmp. Now add the proper extensions to the DirectShow decoder:
Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plugins > Input > Double Click "Nullsoft DirectShow Decoder..." > add ";RA;RM" (no quotes) to the end of the extension list.

Note: This wouldn't work for RAM Playlist. It plays RA & RM extension files. For playing all kind of RealMedia Files follow Second Method
--------------------------------------------------

Method#2. Installing A Legal WinAmp Plug-in (Plays all RealMedia)
-=-=-=Tara's Real Audio Input Plugin v1.0.3b for Winamp=-=-=-
Tara's input plugin allows Winamp to play real audio, real video, real jukebox, mpegs, live rtsp/pnm streams, and many other formats. Successfully tested with Real Player 6/7/8/G2 on Win9x/ME/NT/2K/XP.
Features:
>Supports all Real audio & video formats enabling them to be played in Winamp.
>Winamp can save Real Audio files to wav format (even RMX files).
>If your connection is broken while playing a Real audio/video file, Tara automatically reconnects & begins from where it left off.
> If a particular file type registered to this plugin is played for the first time (like AVI), the plugin automatically downloads the necessary codecs.
>The files types that Winamp associates with this plugin can be changed via the tara.ini file
>Tara now remembers the last size used for the video window.

Its Link....DOWNLOAD Here......Know More 73KB
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
For QuickTime Formats

Note : These method#1 require QT Alternative to be installed not QuickTime but if you use iTunes,etc. and can't uninstall QuickTime then use method#2.
QTAlternative LiNK

Method#1. DSHOW Including QuickTime PLUG-IN
if you don't need QuickTime Player to be installed, uninstall it (assuming it was installed in the first place), install QT Alternative, and add ;MOV to Winamp's DirectShow Decoder extension list
Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plugins > Input > in_dshow > config. (note: latest in_qt supports qt, mov, m4v, m4p, m4b)

Method#2. If u need Quicktime & can't install QTAlternative
use the Nullsoft in_qt.dll plugin for MOV support. Note, you may need to disable built-in vis (spectrum/beatvis) to avoid a crash.
in_qt.dll plugin for MOV support Link....DOWNLOAD Here...... 65.6KB

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the only drawback i found when i used this is that winamp responds slowly when u start playing these files ... btw this plugin has been around for a long time

rohan

In the zone
i just wanna play 3gp... i don't know why even real doesn't play it now... it connects to the net to download some software to play it but says it found nothing :(

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Nice guide dude. Hope Winamp will be fast as ever after these tweak.

P.S: I hear somewhere that Real/QuickTime Alternative is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom