In vista Am not able to extract any file from winrar directly?..Plz help and granting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonie

Journeyman
If i try to extract a winrar file by just right cliking and extract to (name of the folder) [Which comes in the drop down arrow]----It doesnt work no folder is created or nothing is done...Rather i have to open winrar -allow permissions and go to extract to -- specify folder than extract--It looks like a long process?...And also am not able to compress any folder to rar format by rightclikin and add to archive --It doesnt give any error messages or nothing--It just ignores anything---I think it is bec of the permission problems which i have to allow everytime...Is der anyway to remove the permission problems automatically allow so tat i dont need to grant wen i install something or extracting?

narangz

Web developer
Re: In vista Am not able to extract any file from winrar directly?..Plz help and gran

Download the latest version & run the setup with administrator priviliges.

It works fine on my system, so there's no incompatibility problem.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Re: In vista Am not able to extract any file from winrar directly?..Plz help and gran

Boot into "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
Open a command window (START->RUN->CMD.exe). At the command prompt type the following "net user administrator /active".
reboot your system.
That’s it. Log out and log back in as administrator.
This will allowed you An administrator icon at startup. Log into this account and after uninstall and again install winrar.
Now it should work fine.
Advantage: You not need to choose again and again admin previlages.
Disadvantage: Security issues

narangz

Web developer

^^ No need for that. Just install it using admin privileges by right clicking & selecting run as admin. It runs fine. No problems at all.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

^^ No need for that. Just install it using admin privileges by right clicking & selecting run as admin. It runs fine. No problems at all.

Just a trick Only yar;-)
Use or not use it your desire.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz

try winzip..it will work fine. anyway reinstalling winrar may solve your problem.

narangz

Web developer

Just a trick Only yar;-)
Use or not use it your desire.

Ok. It can be useful in many scenarios but I shall never recommend it due to security issues. :)

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman

Is der anyway to run as a administrator ful time?...

narangz

Web developer

Right click the winrar executable- click compatibility tab & check 'run this program as an admin' under privileges.

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman

Right click the winrar executable- click compatibility tab & check 'run this program as an admin' under privileges.
Tried it now ..Not working..!..any other way

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

Now try my method.

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman

Now try my method.

Ya Amir it worked..Thanks...Now how to deactivate the admin at the user log on and also is der any way to make the main user which am using with admin privilages?>

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

Dont deactivate admin account. it help you in future.
just protect it with a strong password from control panel.
i always log in vista with admin.
install better antivirus like avast. it automatically update itself everyday in just a minute.
if you use vista carefully, you not need to afread with any security issue.

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman

Okay but...Wen i start the com can i make it like automatically log in into my main user rather than it asks me which user to log in..??

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

Follow these steps:
1. click on vista start button.
2. type "netplwiz" without quote in the search box and press enter.
3. if user access control window pop ups for permission, click continue.
4. at the user account control window, uncheck and clear the "user must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click ok.
5. in the automatically logon window, input the useid and password the user account that you want to vista to automatically login when start up and click ok.
6. restart for effect.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum

Forget winrar use 7zip its freeware and better than winrar . . .

Amir.php

Flying Visitor

Problem is other.
dont give answer without understanding it, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom