Improper Mcafee uninstalll.........

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by nikhilrao, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikhilrao

nikhilrao New Member

I had tried Mcafee av. but i uninstalled it yesterday. i searched and deleted the McAfee folders too. but I stil find some mcxxx.dll files in my system32 folder. i think they are mcafee leftovers. can i delete them ? i have nkw put back my avast and its working ok. Pls lemme no.

2. overclocker

overclocker New Member

First of all copy all the .dll files nd then paste into anther location i.e backup this files- then delete this files nd reboot ur computer if any error occurs then u know what the file was about.. take an appropiate decision depends on the error.. if u don't get any error it was ok to delete this files.

3. Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta Rebooting

u may try this free toool.... :)

AV Uninstaller Tool 1.0

developed by F-Secure Corporation to help user to uninstall Dr Solomon AntiVirus Toolkit, McAfee VirusScan, Norton AntiVirus F-Prot Pro and F-Secure AV Products without the user having to know which one they have installed.

Download

4. anandk

anandk Distinguished Member

i c that u have, well, succesfully, uninstalled mcafee, and r now using avast.
    even on successful uninstal, several programs leave behind such dll's, which are refered to as "orphaned dll's". re-verify from the properties of these mc* dlls that they r indeed mcafee files, and then safely delete them.

for addl info click how to remove orphaned dll's ! and carefully read [​IMG] all the posts.

addtnly use ccleaner to clear ur residual pc junk.

5. OP
    OP
    nikhilrao

nikhilrao New Member

Ok Thank You all. I have deleted it quite some time back and there are no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.