IMPORTANT QUESTION???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
THIS ONE IS VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION->
CAN ANYBODY IN THIS FORUM CAN CHALLENGE AND SAY THAT EACH AND EVERY S/W HE USES IS LEGAL?(in his home or even in, offices there will be few very few of them)
I am asking this question as in digit its not allowed to discuss abt borrowed(pirated) s/w. I am asking this question in gamerz section because i can say that most of the games discussed in this section r or may be borrowed copies.....again the question arises r we hypocrites? Most of us use it then also do not like to talk abt it.... recently a thread on cracks has started (not allowed then also members r discussing).......if in any way i have passed the rules of this forum then mods please do close this thread.......if not lets read the responses.........

anuraag_01

Broken In
not me dude....i have used pirated stuff.

but most of them have been because if not pirated, i would not have bought them other wise.(like fruty loops....i don;t have a few lacs to spend on anything...let alone software...)

having said that. i always try to remain as legal as possible. like using open sourse blender instead of the freelay available (pirated) 3ds max.

but yes....i have sinned

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If u ask this word to word:

CAN ANYBODY IN THIS FORUM CAN CHALLENGE AND SAY THAT EACH AND EVERY S/W HE USES IS LEGAL?

I can --

see how

All the software I use in in office is ofcourse legal..
And all the sw in my home is LINUX which can not be illegal at all So I CAN CHALLENGE AND SAY THAT EACH AND EVERY S/W I USE IS LEGAL??

Beat that

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
1 question only

kumarmohit said:
If u ask this word to word:

CAN ANYBODY IN THIS FORUM CAN CHALLENGE AND SAY THAT EACH AND EVERY S/W HE USES IS LEGAL?

I can --

see how

All the software I use in in office is ofcourse legal..
And all the sw in my home is LINUX which can not be illegal at all So I CAN CHALLENGE AND SAY THAT EACH AND EVERY S/W I USE IS LEGAL??

Beat that
Let me as u one question only=> r u a gamer?
any ways if not i have already said that there will be very few......
2nd question when was computer bought in ur house as i wanted to know have u never ever used microsoft OS in ur house??
If u have answers to these and never ever realyy used borrowed s/w i am happy for u.... :twisted: :wink:

moshel

Padawan
cvvikram said:
Hey .....imagine how it will be without pirated softwares......?????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well then its back to DOS then, doing "cd.." and "dir" all day long.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
cvvikram said:
Hey .....imagine how it will be without pirated softwares......?????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
That's the day linux sells more than windows :p

Seriously though, almost all of those that i know in college, my school and other circles use windows only because it is available "cheaply".

wolfff

Broken In
wizrulz said:

Yes i Can. I bought an HP system... so my windows is legit. It came with tons of stuff like cd burning software etc. so no piracy there. It came with just a 90 day trial of norton...... after that expired i moved to avg .... which is freeware. And i mostly buy the games tht i play....eg CS:S and BF2

However if u also mean to ask if i have never indulged in piracy then i'd be lying if i said i dint. Coz now that i working i mostly buy original software, but back in those college days there was no way i ever paid 1000+ rupees for a game when i could have had a pirated copy for 40 bux.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Well
I work for 9hrs spend 5hrs travelling and rest sleeping and eating and other daily chores Still I installed MM with Digit anniversry in my office terminal(PC) and free GTA2

And Linux has its own games for free PlZ visit flightgear.org for an example

So i am only a smalltime gamer
And yes when I bought this or rather assemblled this PC in my home I went straightaway for LINUX as I was already fed up of LEGAL VERSIONS OF WINDOW$ crashing in my institute and none of the other ppl I know has a PC leave alone having pirated sw EXCEPT Earlier i used my brother's PC with WinXP Home OEM and a lot of other OEMs and freewares and some of the sw made by his own co. so none of the pirated stuff there either :) :)

cybershastri

Journeyman
wizrulz said:

If you had asked the other way round..

CAN ANYBODY IN THIS FORUM CAN CHALLENGE AND SAY THAT EACH AND EVERY S/W HE USES IS ILLEGAL

...then, I would be the first to say YES. :twisted:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
first of all this is in the wrong section....second there is already a thread on pirated software use which is running in the S/W section so people please use that to convey your views/opinions. And 3rd what on earth does this have to do with games??????!!! And dude no on i digit locks things just cos u say warez or something like that. Then how do u explain this thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15039

wich has gone for 11 pages ? Due to your lack of understanding of the rules do not generalize stuff please. Thread reported.

Deep

Version 2.0
Locked this thread since it has been asked before, please follow the link posted by icecoolz.

btw thanks icecoolz for reporting it :)

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom