Import Electronic Goods to Kolkata...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
All kolkatanas anyone who have ever imported any goods from other countries please help me...

What is the procedure to follow for importing electronic goods after shopping online it may be ebay.com or newegg.com...

What steps should I follow and what are the charges they take????

Electronis goods comprising computer parts and other electronic parts...

Please reply me soon....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well with ebay.com every thing is fair.. as when u buy a product from ebay u also pay the shipping and other charges and then its sent by the seller.. so its sells headache to pay every thing... u just look for the total price... :)

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
No i want to ask does there is any problem with customs and excise in India when It reaches here...

Also does it comes to my address through courier or I have to go and take the delivery from the customs...Is there anything like that...After paying the taxes in ebay or some other site does I have to pay anything else when it reaches in India or to courier....

Any other site that offers International shipping...

Please answers in some details.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
No i want to ask does there is any problem with customs and excise in India when It reaches here...

when buy from internet which officially includes India in its shipping destination then there is no problem in buying...

Also does it comes to my address through courier or I have to go and take the delivery from the customs...

well u will never have to travel to customes unless some thing happen with u like what happend with ASH... like u order a Computer Processor some one sends u part of a bomb :))...

otherways its suppose to come to ur Door step.. only u may have to goto courier office if ur location isnt covered by the local courier...

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Any online shopping store which provides International shipping (to India)...

(among them which accepts PayPal payments)...please mention these!!!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Hello

Does anyome know, if customs department create problem on small Electronic Goods as i see they are *prohibited* as per law.

But law in INDIA is something i always have doubt on :D

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend told me that if the seller ships your product as a gift then the customs don't charge else if they sends as business purpose the customs charge double the cost of the product,if there any such cases to be send as gift and business purpose.

Please verify me with someone who have ever bought from ebay or any other online shopping with international shipping..

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I bought 4 times from amazon, all the times the postman / DHL guys came to deliver, once the custom was required so I paid to the dhl guy on the receipt of the packet. I will be ordering some ram & graphic card soon for my new comp.

Shyamno, dont scare people, the official peak custom duty in India is 40% of the cost nothing more than that, so depending upon what category your shipped item belongs to, u will be charged between 5-40% duty nothing more than that.

royal

Padawan
hey ranjan2001 can you tell us whether you can actually save while purchasing a gfx card from Amazon ? What I mean to say is that online prices are lower than Indian prices but after paying duties, is the total cost actually lower than the local Indian price? :confused:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
In most cases yes the graphic card will be under the IT items I need to find out the exact duty for it & it wont be more than 21% as thats the peak custom on IT products.

IT ranges from 5-21% duty on various items.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
ranjan2001 said:
Shyamno, dont scare people, the official peak custom duty in India is 40% of the cost nothing more than that, so depending upon what category your shipped item belongs to, u will be charged between 5-40% duty nothing more than that.

sorry I am not scaring anyone..

I has just verifying the conditions applicable..

Can you tell me where I can get the details of the custom duties and % rates applicable for different products..Any link..

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I also got 12.5 % on all the semiconductor chips or IC...There is no particular mentioning of Computer good but I think all goods will fall in this semiconductor chips and ICs.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
there site is a typical indan babu style site only they know where the info is, last I visited the site I was able to find the infoin 2005, now they have changed & I cant find it too but can confirm reading the tariffs from 5-21%, computer peripherals fall under Electronics items as a sub category.

If u need to confirm call DHL that u will be getting some items shipped via DHL, what will be the duty & they will tell u on that item.

Kniwor

Learner
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I need to get something shipped now, and I called these DHL guys, and they have absolutely no idea what the customs can be, I need to get a TFT monitor shipped, so got any Idea how much it can be?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Kniwor said:
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I need to get something shipped now, and I called these DHL guys, and they have absolutely no idea what the customs can be, I need to get a TFT monitor shipped, so got any Idea how much it can be?

I received my Motherboard i ordered from USA in DEC with no duties. :) Took time.....because it was delivered by *Indian Postal Dept* They dont drop normal letters in time, talk about Big Box containing a MOBO :D

But actaully, Electronic Products are prohibited in India
*pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immicl/immiclhk_006.html#NL508_6

My sender wrote
Content - Board Games
Purpose - gift.

That saved me :grin:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Electronic goods are prohibited to be imported in bulk for protecting the domestic industry, for personal use you can order, but IT goods are not & most computer parts are part of IT category.

prasad_den

Padawan
Most of the time, sellers in ebay or other sites are careful enough and make sure that the article sent is tagged as a gift or something like that which doesn't create customs problems..!! ;) Intelligent guys..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom