i'm new to NOKIA 3230! need help! Urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,
Recently i got a "NOKIA 3230" as my birthday gift, now i want to know that how can i upload/download photos, wallapapers, mp3 songs, software etc to/from my PC? I dont have WAP connection.

Data cable, bluetooth, infrared, card reader??? which one is best??i'm very confused about all these... becoz i'm new to this phone. and also from where i can get free software/games/themes for this cellphone? My memory card is only 32MB, so how much will be cost for new 256 mb MC card?

my version is
v 3.0505.2
19-02-05 RM-51

Is there any new update? if yes, From where i can get? what new features will be added?

reply soon.........

saurav (patna)

prankie

D PrankMaster
if u have a bt dongle and using Windows XP sp2 then u just need to plug in the dongle, drivers will be installed automatically...
then turn on the bt of ur phone and search for new devices frm the bt menu.. u'll find that the name of ur pc would be visible, well pair it.. u'll need to enter a pass key, enter any 4digit key and enter the same on pc..
pairing done.
now to transfer any file, just rightclick on the file, and click on the send to> bluetooth device option, choose ur phone, click next and ur done..

if u have a cardreader than just plug it in, noneed for drivers on sp2,
insert the mmc card,.. if done properly a light will glow on the readr..
now go to my computer, u'll see several drives like G, H, I and so on, try opening 'em all.. one would open and that will be ur mmc.. drag and drop files and then again put the mmc on ur mob...

to upgrade firmware goto nearest nokia priority dealer, they'll do it for free...

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
best choice is a usb bata cable... i dont like bt coz they r slow and generally comes with crappy software.And not every bt dongle work with microsoft stack
Branded 256 mb mmc will cost u around 900-1100 rs but optfor a dv rs mmc as i noticed it gives better battery life..at least 10% better.
There are many sites on the net for free mobile softwares...search google.As most of them contains cracked softwares i am not disclosing it here..but stk=ill if u want to know just pm me.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
khin007 said:
i suggest u card reader .. which is much better than a data cable or BT dongle
Card reader is the fastest way to transfer date...I agree. But u just cant insatll all proggies with a crd reader...for that u need a mean to connect ur phone to pc.
And for that data cable is the fastest way...

prankie

D PrankMaster
card reader has one major plus pt...
i.e. if u wanna install n-gage games,, u need to copy files onto the system folder of ur phone..
that can be done neither by bt dongle nor by datacable...
here cardreader comes to rescue ...

prasad_den

Padawan
The best choice for transferring files from mobile to PC undoubtedly is the USB data cable..If you have XP, just plug it in and ur PC will identify it as a new removable storage device, just like a pen drive.. Transfer speeds are excellent..

khin007

Journeyman
Hi can u tell which are the progs that can not be installed using a card reader? and also you can see all folders in ur phone using a Data cable..

sidewinder said:
Card reader is the fastest way to transfer date...I agree. But u just cant insatll all proggies with a crd reader...for that u need a mean to connect ur phone to pc.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hey! U also put same request at 'GSM Hacks' Forum also.The Link is :

*www.gsmhacks.com/forums/mobile-helpdesk/46917-im-new-nokia-3230-need-help.html#post163534

But there u didn't gt any reply yet!!! Don't u have trust on 'GSM Hacks' users?

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
khin007 said:
Hi can u tell which are the progs that can not be installed using a card reader? and also you can see all folders in ur phone using a Data cable..

welll there are some proggies that not only installs its files in system/apps folder but also saves some inf and mbm files in different files in various folders of phone memory..which are essential for their operation..so thay cant be installeddirectly just by copying to mmc

mAYHEM

Journeyman
montsa007 said:
buddy 3230 is a good fone but have heard its a faulty fone
Its not a faulty phone,i own it.After the firmware upgrade its working well and the music capabilities hv increased

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
sidewinder said:

card reader is the best,....and yes it can be used to install any kind of proggies.....

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
k i have heard 3230 hangs a lot rest its the best fone u can get and mp3s are cool plus radio
as 1 of the frends says firmware upgrade can solve it than its cool every1 shuld own it

psst i use ngage qd and will never change it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom