Journeyman
my system---amd athlon 2400,geforce 5200,256 mb
dual boot

all my drives are fat32

win xp pro
win 98 se

c:\win 98 se
d:\win xp pro sp2

every thing went fine, but oneday this win 98 stopped worked after i tried cleaning an adware or a virus.win 98 boots but gives an no explorer error.i dont see any taskbar or anything..just blaqnk screen.
i cant find boot.ini in c:
i configured the booting options from xp
i want to reinstall win 98 se in c: without affecting xp in d:...with dual boot

can i do like this:(an option i found when i googled)

format c: as fat32 from xp.boot with 98 se startup disc and install 98 in c:.now win98 will work fine.now again restart with a xp bootable disc ...goto recovery and give the command FIXBOOT....this will fix the xxp bootloader with any OS options

is it possible...had anyone of you tried..i dont want to take risk..but i want to do it...can i?

-----------------

i was a guy who was dancing on april 5th when i saw one of my friends reading this month digit issue, as it confirmed that my friend has arrived on the stands.i never subscribed because that doesnt gives me the thrill of hunting for it.i started with digit from february 2003 and still on....never regreted to leave it.

and now april 2005 on 7th iam the most disappointed and distressed person here.i even started crying...u know why...i finished the book...pleased....went thru the virus addition book.....so far so good....
first i popped in the cd...nothing came....no autorun or i cant even open the cd(im using winxp sp2).the system just freezed....thats ok...i have everything thats in the cd into the dvd...
i popped the dvd into the drive....upto last month i am doing the same...but now no autorun worked...ok...digit has specified that must be due to their replication errors...so i manually opened every folder to install or view...u know what happened...first i laughed and then i was shouting like hell

no setup files worked...when i execute them a dos window flashes and disappears....no pdf files worked...i cant open any pictures also...booooo...my blood pressure is increasing

but the tools folder in digital business had good working files...but i want the whole

what i should i do now?

i changed three copies...but in vain
even my friends complained the same

is there anyone involved in any type of conspiracy inside digit!!!

---ah well i went thru the announcement in Digitized...but wait till 14th...mmm

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok m8 as far as ur cd, dvd query goes.. refer the announcement thread..

as far as ya win 98 prob goes.. yes you can format c: using the XP cd.. but then am not too sure if u can install 98..after XP.. :(

[EDITED]

refer the below thread m8.. u got the help to install 98 after installing XP

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16411

La_Scorpione

Right off the assembly line
ha don't worry dude go on safely even i've done that before.Its ok as long as u hav all the boot discs with u!!!!

iinfi

mekalodu
1.install 98 in drive C: with your bootable disk
2.install/repair win XP in drive d: so that u get 2 OS options at startup ...

i think instead of repairing/reinstalling XP u can change the boot file in drive D: also .... (this is dunno exactly where the file is located ..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom