im getting bugged up with winxp and its probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
i was having probs installing the sp2 from the digit cd, cause it said something bout removing style xp and removing the boot screens. so i did. and i managed to install sp2. everything was working fine, and then i even restored the boot screen. but when i replaced the logonui.exe(login screen) file with another one which i downloaded from themexp.org, and restarted the comp, the boot screen showed up, but then the comp restarted automatically. this happ everytime i tried to boot into windows. so i replaced back the logonui.exe file (thankfully i had created a backup of the original) back to its original location. but still the prob persists. i've tried everything i know, but the comp keeps restarting before displaying the windows logon screen. i've even tried putting back the original boot screen, but with no results. i have pcq linux 2004 also on my hdd, so i am still able to access my files. could someone please tell me how to get things straightened out??? i would not like to format or remove windows or someting like dat. could the prob be because of sp2?? during installation, a folder called $ntservicepackuninstall$ was created. is there someway i can remove sp2 then?? mayb from dos or linux???
please help......

aditya

theraven

Technomancer
when it boots up ... see if it says "windows was shut down .... blah blah
1) start windows normally ..."
and other options lkie this
there will be an option to boot from last known good configuration
do that ... it should work

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
dude...i've already tried all that.....even safe mode does not open up.....so someone out there.....HELP!!!!

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
thankx for the idea raven, but i have a copied winxp cd, so it does not boot up. is there anyway i can boot it up wit da cd??

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
dude....ur talking about how 2 boot from a cd by changing the boot order...almost any dumb fool knows that....but wat im saying is that the winxp cd dat i hav is not bootable...and hence i want to know some way to boot from the cd.....or better still, tell me how to solve my original prob!!! :cry:

JAK

What the Heck !
adit_sen said:
thankx for the idea raven, but i have a copied winxp cd, so it does not boot up. is there anyway i can boot it up wit da cd??

Hmm...
well i cannot help u cuz ur WINXP CD is Pirated..

But if u have a Original WINXP CD :twisted: and u cannot change the Boot Sequence from ur BIOS to boot from ur Original WINXP CD...(cuz u hav forgotten the password..lol :twisted: )

Then find/Create a Win98 Boot disk..

Boot up using that Win98disk with CDROM suport

Pop in ur Original WinXP CD :twisted: and go to "CDROM:\i386" folder--> Execute Winnt.exe...ENJOY.. :wink:

.... :wink:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
adit_sen said:
dude....ur talking about how 2 boot from a cd by changing the boot order...almost any dumb fool knows that

dont get furious d00d..
many dumb ppl come around this place ..
didnt know how much dumb you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
listen dude....i managed to get a original winxp cd, and i did boot up from it....but then when i start the recovery console, after it asks for my admin pass, i get a command prompt wit c:\windows\..
so wat am i supposed to do now....i thought its kinda a auto repair thingy...and if i try to reinstall, it says that i'll lose all my existing windows files.....???

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
type "help"

it will display all the commands...

now there is a command 'fixboot' ( or something like this )
it shud fix the problems..

kajal

Right off the assembly line
hi

i also have a similar problem . can u help?? when i start my win XP , it starts but then i cant see the logon screen or the screen with user name etc.....i just see a black screen. i tried with safe mode, last known good config but still cant access my account. JUST A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO GRAPHICS. plz tell me some way to get back my XP without having to reinstall. i dont have the original CD of XP, i borrowed my friends copy. plz help

theraven

Technomancer
someone else had this problem
dunno if it was ur post only ... so just search and check it out
there was a solution posted there
anyways what graphics card do u have ?
when it says bootin windows xp. . press F8 .. there will be a few options .. one of them will be start in vga mode or something like that
try it and lemme know

walking-techie

Journeyman
to uninstall win xp sp's

Boot onto WinXP CD and go to Recovery Console. Sign in to it.
At the command prompt, type--or add as needed
Windows\$NTServicePackUninstall$\SPunist\Batch Spuninst.txt
-this is slow as it is through a DOS version of the Uninstall, also(as noted), if you did not choose to achive files, you are out of luck.

walking-techie

Journeyman
other options

Use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel
Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
Click to select the Show Updates check box.
Click Windows XP Service Pack 2, and then click Remove.
Follow the instructions on the screen to remove Windows XP SP2.
Use the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder
Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
When the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Removal Wizard starts, click Next.
Follow the instructions on the screen to remove Windows XP SP2.
Use the System Restore process
Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
Click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.
Click the date that you installed Windows XP SP2, and then click Installed Window XP Service Pack 2 in the Restore Point box.
Click Next, and then follow the instructions on the screen to remove Windows XP SP2.
Use Recovery Console
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

If you cannot successfully remove Windows XP SP2 by using one of the previous methods, follow these steps:
Insert the Windows XP startup disk in your floppy disk drive or insert the Windows XP CD in the CD drive or in the DVD drive, and then restart your computer.

Note When you receive the following message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD:

Press any key to boot from CD

Note Your computer must be configured to start from the CD drive or the DVD drive. For more information about how to configure your computer to start from the CD drive or the DVD drive, see the documentation that came with your computer or contact the computer manufacturer.
When you receive the Welcome to Setup message, press R to start the Recovery Console.

NoteMultiple options will appear on the screen.
Select the Windows XP installation in question.

Note You must select a number before you press ENTER, or the computer will restart. Typically, only the 1: C:\Windows selection is available.
If you are prompted to type an administrator password, do so. If you do not know the administrator password, press ENTER. (Typically, the password is blank.)

Note You will not be able to continue if you do not have the administrator password.
At the command prompt, type cd $ntservicepackuninstall$\spuninst, and then press ENTER.

Note After you complete this step, you cannot stop the removal process.
At the command prompt, type batch spuninst.txt, and then press ENTER.

Note The Spuninstal.txt file appears. As the file scrolls down, you will see errors and files being copied. This is normal behavior.
After Windows XP SP2 is removed, type exit, and then press ENTER.
Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, press F8 as the computer restarts.
Note After you restart, the system may lock up with a black screen. (Your mouse will work.) In this case, restart again by turning the computer off and then back on. The second restart will let you to log on.
When your computer restarts, Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) does not run, and the Windows icons and the Start button are unavailable. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to start Task Manager.
Click File, and then click New Task (Run...).
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs

On the right side of the viewing pane, right-click ObjectName, click Modify, type LocalSystem in the Value data box, and then click OK.
Restart your computer
Use one of the previous methods to remove Windows XP SP2 from your computer.

id10t

Broken In
adit_sen: d00d did you install SP2 on a pirated WinXP install? what were you thinking anyways? did you change the key? if not, then say bye bye to your XP install. that is what happens when you have a blocked pirated key...you lose access to your system.
backup your data from PCQ Linux and reinstall. this time change your key PROPERLY before installing SP2 and if you don't know how to do that then forget about installing SP2.

walking-techie: couldn't you just post the link instead of that copy-paste?
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom