i'm Charity by users initiative extended to hotmail & msn users

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
yup, now users like you and me can also do some charity simply by using the above services.
The i’m™ Initiative from Microsoft™ makes helping social causes easy. Every time you use Windows Live™ Messenger or Windows Live Hotmail®, our free webmail service, we'll share a portion of our advertising revenue with some of the world's most effective social cause organizations. Exactly how much will we share with our partner causes? Well, that’s up to you and the growing masses of registered i’m Initiative users. The more messages you send, the more we give.
this service was introduced to MSN Messenger & Hotmail users too, but only for US residents, however by changing the country in hotmail options to US you can also do your bit.

Screen shot

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/8803/siglx9.jpg

step by step tut with image to get the above can be found here

Now that's really cool initiative by Microsoft :)

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
What are they going to donate for charity when they hardly get any users compared to other IM services. Yahoo should have done something like this...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Different sense?

:lol::D

You must see this graph.
*mymindleaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/image19.png

Its Google search trend chart which shows Hotmail is most searched or accessed term in the Internet compared to Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Ans this proves that hotmail is the hottest product still in the email applications. People search a lot about hotmail, it’s help, tricks, tips etc compared to the Gmail/ yahoomail.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^
!!!!
Never knew about that... Sorry for the ignorant comment made earlier:)
I guess thats a good move then...

CadCrazy

in search of myself
You must see this graph.
*mymindleaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/image19.png

Its Google search trend chart which shows Hotmail is most searched or accessed term in the Internet compared to Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Ans this proves that hotmail is the hottest product still in the email applications. People search a lot about hotmail, it’s help, tricks, tips etc compared to the Gmail/ yahoomail.

Ha Ha. This shows that the word Hotmail is unknown for most of the world. People search about the term Hotmail to know does something like this exist. While Gmail & Yahoo Mail is well known and popular among Netizens, no need to search for it :D

din

Tribal Boy
@iMav

If this is true and MS is giving $$$ to charity as stated in the web page, it is sure a good thing. I am using hotmail and its web interface very rarely, but I use MSN messenger almost all the day. I changed my name as per the instructions and the iM image appears near my name. Lil annoying but as its for a good cause, I will keep it. Thanks for sharing the info.

@Ravi

When people hear something new (for example Windows XP SP3) they jump into google and search for it and naturally the term become popular in searches, but that does not mean the product is very hot, every one use it, it is the best etc. I mean, I am not against hotmail (it is all about personal choice, I find gmail far better in all options and interface wise) but the logic you explained with the graph does not sound correct.

Also, that post is slightly offtopic and may lead to another war I fear :(

Strictly offtopic ....

Some interesting links (offtopic, please do not continue on this !!!)

The Lies Of Top Search Terms Of The Year

Google Trends (You can make the graph here - official google page)

And this is the graph I got when I tried with yahoo,hotmail,gmail - in google trends (just shows how different it is !)

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1psoAPog3H74n1NrTcsPes6OBJnm2hJw6k9m0z2QYBn3myMEXi1UB8PzJUM_LFAaThemnnXsaU-lZyLFf7dc0O-w/trend.JPG

If you can't see above image, click here (Skydrive link)

This is the URL I used to create the above graph, it is not photoshopped.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@iMav

If this is true and MS is giving $$$ to charity as stated in the web page, it is sure a good thing. I am using hotmail and its web interface very rarely, but I use MSN messenger almost all the day. I changed my name as per the instructions and the iM image appears near my name. Lil annoying but as its for a good cause, I will keep it. Thanks for sharing the info.
well I am assuming that they will, Billy G is well kown for his charity works, so I really doubt that this money will go into the making MS balance sheets

CadCrazy

in search of myself
@ Din yahi to main keh raha tha. Log Microsoft ki image sudharne ke liye kuch liye kuch bhi bol dete hain :D

praka123

left this forum longback
well,I fear Billy(I like real cats,not the redmond one) "G" is doing bill-melinda foundation and charity thing to save taxes ...aah for their monster corporation(M$) :p

well,it is what I think :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom