iKernel.... Who's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi Guys,

This is Vicky again. And I got stuck with my Box again. I've recently formatted my C:Drive (that contains Windows Xp with SP2) as my system was given me lot of problem because of unnecessary Spams and all. I've reloaded Windows XP again and updated to the Windows XP SP2 edition that my Hardware person provided me with. Since I've done that i don't know what happened to my system. Whener i try to install any Games or Software i get iKernel errors.
*i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/vickymustdie/installshield.jpg

I've tried installing Photoshop CS, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Flash 2004 professional but got the same error.

Solution:
In order to overcome, i've installed Windows XP SP2 again, and then i was able to install photoshop CS, Half Life 2 and all... and suddenly after some days i faced the same problem. So I used the same solution (sometime installing SP2 provided by my Hardware guy and sometime from the DIGIT CD) and it worked and till now i've done that 4 times. I don't know whether the same copy of Windows XP SP2 already installed on my system get replaced or a new copy of Windows XP SP2 registration and setup gets builted in my system everytime i install SP2.

I always like to play the same game again and again with different perspective. So when i tried to install Tomb Raider :AOD, again the same problem.

*i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/vickymustdie/installshield1.jpg

I know its not the problem with the CD, but with my System because when i tried installing this game on other system running Windows 98, it was working properly. Please tell me is their any file tht is missing or or or what should i do???

Help me...

aditya169

Journeyman
try formatting and reinstall widows

or copy the ikernal file from some of ur friends coputer .copy it on a floppy

by the way can u give me these games i love to play em

Charley

Just Do It
aditya169 said:
try formatting and reinstall widows

or copy the ikernal file from some of ur friends coputer .copy it on a floppy

by the way can u give me these games i love to play em

Copying a file from somewhere and shoving it in the directory will not do any good as it will not work ....... :)

Reinstall should be a better idea.. :)

Whats widows ?? :lol:

digen

Youngling
Here is the list of possible causes & solutions The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) Could Not Be Launched. Access Is Denied.

And whats with everyone ? format & re-install windows? huh?

OP
V

vickymustdie

Broken In
HI Guys...

Thanks all of you for replying....

I truly appreciate Digen's reply as I think that will sove my probem.

If the problem still exist, i'll follow the others instruction, i.e. reinstalling Windows XP on my machine.

Well... I'm checking out the websites mentioned.

Thanks Again....

hey dude,
Ikernel is the Installshield Installer's engine. It is in your common files directory in the program files directory on the windows installation drive in a folder called installshield. New installshield engine uses the windows installer 2.x technology. Sometimes the files used by this engine become corrupt, hence cause this problem but since you said that reinstalling sp2 sometimes solves your problem, so i guess the problem is with the windows installer which is an internal component of windows os. What you can do is to either have a complete format of windows drive and reinstall or reinstall sp2 only and see if you can install something. if you can, after every installation check whether another installation runs or not coz i think some installation is replacing important files related to windows installer which in turn is causing error with IKernel. Try it out and post your reults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom