If Increase the RAM Then the System speed will increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

muralikrishnan

Broken In
hi friends,

i am new to this group.

i am having 128 MB DDR Ram, i want to increse my RAM then the system speed automatically increases.my mother board is 1700+ AMD Athlon processor.

and Which company RAM is BEST i wolud like to increase 256MB+128MB=384MB

is't ok to increase the spped r 512MB RAM needed tell

awaiting for ur results.

somebody told RAM increse means download purpose only it will use somebody says like this

and one more any Hardware E-Book Avilable send me the Link.

Thank u

UnKnown: Be ready For another work,Bcaz work never ends........

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
If you want to increase the speed of your ram then you have to check what your mother board supports....

If you increase the size of your ram overall performance will definately increase....

One think i do not understand is do you want to increase ram speed or the amount of ram????

Transcend, Kingston are some of the best rams available...

somebody told RAM increse means download purpose only it will use somebody says like this

I did not understand this...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Welcome to the forum buddy. i strongly advice u to increase your ram if u want a more faster responsive quick system. 128 mb is a bottleneck unless u r on windows 98/95. i suggest u buy another 256 mb module and use the total 128+256 mb ram. u will have a good fast system now.

i am having 128 MB DDR Ram, i want to increse my RAM then the system speed automatically increases.my mother board is 1700+ AMD Athlon processor.

that is not your motherboard. its your processor. please specify which motherboard u r using ?

whoever told u that is a stupid prick. i cannot comprehend what he is saying but its all bull shit.

as u r new many shopkeepers might take u for a ride ...be careful. what i suggest is u take the present ram wid u and tell the shopkeeper to give u an identical 256 mb module so that atleast there will not be any compatibility problems. do u know which ram u r using exactly ? use the following softwares to fnd out more about ur system / motherboard / ram etc.

1. Everest Home Edition
2. CPU-Z

google for them and download them and post the reports here.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Even 256 mb is not enough now...I generally have 60 mb free with my older Athlon xp after running all necessary softy

vinayasurya

Journeyman
Upgrade ur RAM to 384 or 512. I think 512 is better as it will stand for sometime. I upgraded my RAM from 256 to 512. The increase in speed is unbelivable. Really.....

Ya but only up to certain size. This size depends upon diff application.
Look RAM contain the on sreen information for the processor. On screen doesn't mean monitor.
Increasing RAM not always help u. For example a perticular program need 120 Mb of memory and u have a 256MB of memory then this won't help u much but important is that at how much speed your RAM access by the processor.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yep, it will def help if u increase ram. till a few mnths back i was using winxp/sp2 with 128mb ram; now i have 256mb. so go ahed.

this may also interest u :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24598&highlight=services

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
I think your Mobotherboard will support another 256MB for sure. Check out with your motherboard manual for the maximum amount of ram you can put in a slot. Also whats is your Ram module(133/266/333). You must use the same module as the old one you have. BTW i am also living in chennai if ya want any help just PM me. BTW tell what motherboard you have. ok

Kniwor

Learner
Increasing the ram will surely increase performance for u, In certain cases, increasing the ram might decrease performance as well, so this statement is not true in general, but in ur case it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom