iertutil.dll prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzaan

Broken In
hi guys...

recently i had this problem while installing/uninstalling IE7. the file called "iertutil.dll" goes missing from ur windows\system32 folder. and it bans evrything from opening. however downloading the same file and pasting it in the windows/system32 folder solves the problem partially. u can use ur windows normally.
bt nw everytime u open a folder or program an error apears " ordinal 56 could not be located in iertutil.dll"

i have searched the whole of net for this.. bt culdnt find a solution. i have this posted this prob in software section.. bt nt of much hlp.
i m sure there r lots of ppl with the same issue.
there many ways get rid of it...
1. use ur XP cd and reisntall ur XP
2. run sfc \scannow
3. use restore point funda

bt all of these will require ur XP cd. which unfortunately i dnt hav.
i dnt knw abt restoring to a point.... as i hvnt tried it. as it deletes all the files u have downloaded after that restore point.. i m trying to avoid it.

isnt there any other solution for this problem... i suppose we have lots of compz brains in here. i dnt posses enof knowledge to solve this error.

so guys... can u try to find a solution for this. there r much more than just lots of ppl affected by it. jst search on net u wl get to knw. bt no one gt proper solutiion.. ecxpt for reinstalling ur system or restoring...

find a solution for this buddy... on behalf of all those affected.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Uninstall IE 7 from Control Panel, then install it back again, (rather do a simple Re-Install :D)

u may download *www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

and,

anzaan said:
bt nw everytime u open a folder or program an error apears " ordinal 56 could not be located in iertutil.dll"

if you have a original Windows XP, then try and locate any Pirated CD to run the SFC /SCANNOW :D

OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
i m using firefox nw. unistalled IE7..

Choto Cheeta said:
if you have a original Windows XP, then try and locate any Pirated CD to run the SFC /SCANNOW :D
k.. wl try tat. thnx for help nway

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Anzaan said:
i m using firefox nw. unistalled IE7..

Use FF no problem, but keeping the IE 7 wont harm ur system as if it (The installation of IE 7) can solve the problem then why should not u install ??

OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
hey man.. gt it solved. really instraling back ie7.. solved the prob...

thank a lot buddy. bt still dnt undrstnd hw error came n hw it gt solved...
nway m happy nw.
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom