IEEE 1394 port not recognized in new ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

I have a fully fine working AMD 64 bit PC with ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 MB. It has 1394 port enabled in BIOS as well as cable is connected inside the ATX cabinet too...still it cant recognize my canon MV850i camcorder ...by firewire cable :(

Can anybody help plzzzzz....

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Not sure, but does it require a driver to be installed? If so them that might be the problem.

Install the driver.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
must be a driver issue. check the driver and see if resourcers (like irq etc.) are available to the controller. also check if the cable from the port to the motherboard is connected correctly. many a times it may haf many individual connectors not connected correctly! use a software like everest to see the system properties and whether it detects it. also configure ur video capturing software to search for the device on firewire port. many a times the default is usb.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
bhai logo..i tried everywhere..it shows in n/w connections as well as device manager "TEXAS INSTRUMENTS OHCP 1394 NET ADAPTER" still when I connect my canon MV850i camcorder ...it doesnt detect anything...

same is the result when I tried it on my friend's PC

plz help :(

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
seems that you may have some switch/mode to change on the camera to make it detected as a device, I remember my friend having such problem on usb port, later I found that there is a mode on the camera which if not selected it wont show & get detected as a USB device.

Is the same applicable with ur camcorder?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
He is connecting using IEEE and not USB
Yes I know, I gave that specific USB example of my friends camera.
Point I am making, does the camera has switch to make it detected as a device then that has to be switched on.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Try connecting on a different port or changing cable. Which IEEE cable are you using.......4-6
Ya I am using 4-6 cable ...I will try changing the cable ..but I wonder same cable was working fine with my old PC...

Point I am making, does the camera has switch to make it detected as a device then that has to be switched on.
No yaar..camera doesnt have any switch like this..You have to turn it on and just play the movie recorded ...thats it..

Thanks for all suggestions...

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
There was one patch for FireWire for Windows XP Sp2 .. Try installing that and see if that helps.

*support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

Also search MS KB for FireWire ..

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Any drastic h/w or s/w changes, like maybe XP SP2, just trying to narrow down things.....

Ya I had changed my whole PC...Its AMD 64 bit 3600 + , 1 GB RAM, ASUS M2v NVVM MB and Win XP Pack 3.....Earlier it was P-III 700 MHz, 810 MB and 128 MB RAM with Win 98 ...

Also I have SATA 2 disk now and I think I cant install Win 98 on it

digiFriend

In the zone
esumitkumar said:
bhai logo..i tried everywhere..it shows in n/w connections as well as device manager "TEXAS INSTRUMENTS OHCP 1394 NET ADAPTER" still when I connect my canon MV850i camcorder ...it doesnt detect anything...

same is the result when I tried it on my friend's PC

plz help :(

then your question should be "camcorder not detected".
as your ieee 1394 port is already recognized.

some camcorder has to select output in its Menu " USB 2.0 or Firewire"
try to restart pc after camcorder is connected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom