IE7 - Vista vs XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont know if its only me ... but i find a massive change in page loading speeds thru IE 7 when used in Vista and XP

XP - very slow
Vista - very fast

y so ....?

sam_1710

Youngling
me too wanted to ask da same question... :)
XP : (tooo)ⁿ slow (i use zonealarm.. cud this be the reason??)
vista : relatively fast !!!!! :( (here no firewall)

shantanu

Technomancer
this is because IE in Xp is loaded in Ram directly and ON demand RAm is provided to it , but in VIsta all the remaining RAm is in Allocated state , and IE is itself Cached and Ram support is provided better.. thats why.. :p

shantanu

Technomancer
its the default Kernel program , which makes it run like that, how can you change it manually, not possible... i think this makes it much easier to surf... the thing is that in XP IE6 performs better, then IE7, if IE8 comes up then also IE7 will be a better performer in VISTA, because Vista Kernel is programmed according to IE7 and IE (next ver) will be coming as an update,

in IE7 there was a great turn over, but IE6 was just an regular update to IE5,,, :D

you cant change it... the way it works

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what ever it is all those saying IE 7 is slow ... switch to vista and then u will how kewl it is

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Infact , i find nothing wrong with IE7 as much ppl curse it . Its a very nice browser . Although i myself use maxthon (which uses IE engine). I have all the major browsers installed on my system and i see no difference in performance of any except rendering differences sometime. FF and opera render the text first then images, IE7 does both at the same time (for which ppl feel its slow).
Opera i feel lifts too much from the cache (and makes page render faster) , but many times it shows old page even if its updated on server which is very annoying .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom