Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
When I recently formatted my PC I installed many apps after that (OBVIOUSLY :wink: )

But the problem is that when I fire up the IE, at first there comes up a dialog box asking whether my PC is infected by spyware or not and then when I click on the NO button, (or YES either), a new page opens up that shows a page which looks like a search site (even though I am offline !!!).

PLEASE HELP

Calcatian

Journeyman
It's a simple case of BHO (Browser hijack) exploit - u must have loaded some pir8ted appz :!:
Use Hijack This! and post the details of the scan result log so others can help u :!:

anomit

In the zone
Though this seems like a BHO, yet I am not sure. I too have got this problem and HijackThis showed no such BHO installed.

saROMan

QA Juggler
universal solution install Spybot/Adaware SE ..with latest updates..scan...remove infection....

Charley

Just Do It
Calcatian said:
It's a simple case of BHO (Browser hijack) exploit - u must have loaded some pir8ted appz :!:
Use Hijack This! and post the details of the scan result log so others can help u :!:

Before u use any other softie, run HJ as this solves the problem evrytime.

Calcatian

Journeyman
achacko@dataone.in said:
Calcatian said:

Before u use any other softie, run HJ as this solves the problem evrytime.

ThanX achacko@dataone.in, U C i usually stay on target and when I shoot, I kill :!:

:lol:

Calcatian

Journeyman
And expertno.1, it's a secret, it's called experience :!: Something 1 must go through 2 become a true expert :!:

expertno.1 : how achacko@dataone.in can sya that it i a hijack problem ?

That err msg with same result for yes/no - launching a webpage, starting @ bootup .. sounds like it came from "A?*dr.net" :lol:

URL edited out bcoz of obvious implications - The King of Smiley Kingdom

anomit

In the zone
Ru HijackThis and fix the entry that refers to C:\Windows\System32\msdxm.ocx It should come under the Radio and Toolbar heading

Atleast mine was fixed.

Dont forget to backup whatever you fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom