IE content advisor password lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocker

Journeyman
Ok u may fix this prb by visiting this location nd clear out the existing password by deleting the following value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings
U see that there may also be a subkey .default. If the file %systemroot%\System\Ratings.pol exists, delete it or rename it.Reboot ur comp. Open Internet Explorer, go to tools->Internet option->click on the content tab. Click enable ratings nd specify a new password. But lol do it completly ur own risk.

tuxfan

Technomancer
If you are afraid to edit the registry directly, get xteq xsetup. It used to be a free software, but now seems to have become a paid version. A little serach on download.com will also give you the free version. I have used it. It works great and gives you lots of system tweaking options.

I have the older free version on my HD. Let me know if you want it. Its 4.6 MB

OP
S

shrey_neo

Right off the assembly line
overclocker said:
Ok u may fix this prb by visiting this location nd clear out the existing password by deleting the following value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings
U see that there may also be a subkey .default. If the file %systemroot%\System\Ratings.pol exists, delete it or rename it.Reboot ur comp. Open Internet Explorer, go to tools->Internet option->click on the content tab. Click enable ratings nd specify a new password. But lol do it completly ur own risk.
Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom