IE 7 Beta 3: A slight review

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by gxsaurav, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

Microsoft has just released the new & final beta for Internet Explorer 7; the next release will be final, sometime slated in late 2006. It’s available for users of Windows XP SP2 only running genuine copies.

U can download the 13 MB installer from the IE 7 Home page. This review is written, to be over the review of IE 7 beta 2

The main emphasis of IE 7 is security, it’s the first one to provide phishing filter, which is now also copied to Firefox & other browsers, by the help of plugins or extensions. It has a built in pop-up blocker, which by default blocks all popup except for the one your have clicked

U need to uninstall IE 7 beta 2/beta 1, before u can install this version, as it changes a really wide range of icons to those used in Windows Vista, in the system

Upon first start, u won’t notice any change, but look carefully, & u will see that the toolbar icons are changed, which is more like XPish, instead of Vista, now it depends on you weather u like it or not

[​IMG]

The quick tab is better now, previously, it doesn’t matter how many tabs were there, the preview size was same, but now, the preview size depends on the number of tabs. With more tabs, the preview size is small

Click to see

There are a few new & refined options added in Internet option section, u can customize it even further

2. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

Microsoft Beta's suck ... i'm using this .. but can't use the tabbing feature. . damm ...

3. OP
    OP
    gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

just run the file xmllitesetup.exe & reboot. tabs will come back

4. gary4gar

gary4gar GaurishSharma.com

nice to tabbed broswing in ie at last.
    now the masses will atleast know what is a tab? :D

anyways a sweet & short review mate!!

5. JGuru

JGuru Well-Known Member

The Microsoft guys don't have brains of their own. They copied the tabbed browsing
    feature from FireFox!! IE sucks with its security flaws & browser hijacking adwares.
    Better use FireFox or Opera. Dumb that IE in a trash.

6. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

^^ Opera was the first tabbed browser, as far as i know.. I may be wrong!

7. Pathik

Pathik Google Bot

wasnt the old netscape tabbed

8. iMav

iMav The Devil's Advocate

it s better late than never with vista coming (when only billy g knows) .... IE7 will get the required platform and firefox and opera will have to come up with something new to sustain the pressure as now there will only b little difference between them and IE ...... tabs have arrived, anti pishing an all that stuff

9. imdbest

imdbest New Member

Used The IE7 beta today
    it luks cool
    it sux or rox will be decided in few more uses
    still luks lot better

10. OP
    OP
    gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

one thing i don't like about IE which i like about Firefox, adblock

now, this is good & bad, cos ADs pay to many of the workers, they are required to run the bussiness.....

although there is Adblock for IE 7, but it has problem that it rejects all the cookies at all

11. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

Hmmm,,, . finally got the tabs working .. and absolutely love the quick tabs feature .. here's a screenshot :

[​IMG]

Sorry i had to post the complete pic.(only had this URL) ...

Anyway .. this is present in Firefox too .. look for the Viamatic FoxPose extension .. does a similar job .. but the IE7 one looks a tad better ..

12. vibe666

vibe666 New Member

Opera was indeed the first tabbed browser, and Opera 9 which was released recently is light year ahead of either IE7 or Firefox in terms of functionality usability, speed and stability.

you'll find most of the optional extras that are available for firefox are already included in Opera and just need turning on and off.

there's also a version out there for just about every electronic device going, including mobiles phones and every flavour of PDA, as well as portable games consoles.

13. RCuber

RCuber The Mighty Unkel!!! Staff Member

I have been using opera since the last two years and i love it. regarding the first tabbed browser.... well a browser called NetCaptor was the first to implement the tabbed browsing. and later others followed.

Read More

The last release of NetCaptor was 7.5.4 in February 2005.So i guess there is no further development and the browser is dead.

EDIT: ha ha ha still one more bouncer .

source

and for the shocker Microsoft had implemented booklink's technology into word 6.0 :O and booklink's was aquired by AOL. I found two documents dated 1994, take a look at these. its really interesting to read those documents from the past :d.
    link

this link has text regarding Internet World show in Washington in 1994 link 2 . Just read it ;) .

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  14. shakti

shakti New Member

I think its not Bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.