Status
Not open for further replies.

vandit

In the zone
I recently upgrade my IE to 6.0 and I m facing this problem.......

it comes up when i close the window of the browser......

" This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

when i click on the close button( of this error message) it reappears again instantaenously.

PLZ help.....

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Following solutions should work.
1)Apply SP1 for IE if you haven't.
2)When you get the error message, just click on Details and check which module is causing faults. Then replace that dll file(mostly) with the other one(from friend or somewhere).
3)Do a clean installation of IE from Add/Remove programs.
4)Stop using IE.

uttoransen

Broken In
i know,

get the firefox mozila, it's far better,
fast
tabbed browsing

IE6, that problem comes because of the explorer not working properly, try the sfc command, in 98 run sfc, in xp in command prompt, type in sfc /scannow that's it

if still you have problem, get the original settings of explorer, can not do that manually, try the panda2006, it will do for you, takes about 10 days after installation to get that, anyways, it will help,

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@vandit,
You've got a lot of posts telling to use FF or Opera, I hope you know what to do.

@anarchist, How did you remove IE from your PC?

Ishan

In the zone
@all
VANDIT is a user of mozilla ff
but he installed IE6 just for upgrade.
ACTUALLY HE IS OUT OF STATION NOW..SO I REPLIED ON BEHALF OF HIM.

OP
vandit

vandit

In the zone
thanks ishan......

moreover some sites are viewable only in internet explorer 6.0 + :mad: so for that....i had to install it
sob

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You can use Opera and if you encounter any site that demands you to use Internet Explorer only, you can edit the site preferences and set the browser to 'Mask as Internet Explorer'. It works fine after that. I have tried it on Yahoo! Launchcast, Windows Live and GMail. Everything works without a hitch. Try it.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You should install IE 6 Sp1 as this is the latest stable version.
Moreover check if there are some naughty BHOs are there on your system or not. You can check it with HijackThis ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom