IE 5 crashes on opening some websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Guys,

I hv IE5, and i hv been facing this problem since 2days, now wen ever i open a site, it says, IE has encountered a problem and need to close and the error in the dialogue box is iexplorer.exe (or sumthing of that sort)

It happenes only wen i try to open that particular website, rest all other sites like yahoomail, google and thinkdigit opens..

I tried the following:

1.) Cleared the Cache (in Internet Options)
2.) Deleted all cookies
3.) Deleted Files (in internet options)
4.) Removed and again installed IE (from add/Remove WIndows Components in Ctrl Panel)

BUT, still im getting that error for that particular website.. plz help me.. !!

Also, Im not able to view either my or any of the other user's Avtar, it jsut shows a cross button in the avtar window box, I think this is aslo due to IE Error, so help neede here too..
---------------------

I hv a pirated Win XP PRO+SP2 installed so plz giving me an option to do a WINDOWS UPDATE will not be possible

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Download IE 7 or firefox(preferably) and install it. You don't require genuine windows for it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1. saying you have pirated software & then asking for help is against forum law

2. ie7 is a free upgrade for any & all versions

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Upgrade to IE7..its free and can be installed on a pirated version :D
*www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

And let us know if problem continues.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ok guys

(Keeping my Fingers crossed "tightly" so that there is not AGAIN a iexlorer error a.k.a urlmon.dll error)

1.) So, I installed IE7 from the link given by ravi , went thru with the installation and also checked the option to Install updates for Windows IE 7"

2.) THe update took apprx. 45 mins on my 512 DSL connection.

3.) Restarted the PC

4.) But, ALAS!!! I was again troubled by the iexplorer (urlmon.dll) error, so looked closely to the tech details of the error and found that it was the "urlmon.dll" that was erronous...

5.) SOLUTION: Searched on google for wtf is this "urlmon.dll", came across this link: *forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=873072

6.) And did this (wich is an extract from the above said link) :

*Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Advanced
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
culprit and update it or remove it.
----------------------------------------------------------------

So, till now I hv not been facing any errors as such (I did not replace the "urlmon.dll" file from windows/sstem32 folder by going to www.DLL-files.com
Instead did wat i hvcopied in the quoted paragraph.. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------

@ gary:

Buddy, i once did installed FIREFOX, but wen i tried to connect to the net, it showed me the message "Page cannot be displayed" error !!

Can u plz tell me if i hv to do any tweaks with the Installation of Firefox (along with IE7 installed on my system) !! so that I can use FIREFOX and IE7 as and wen i wish !! (the exception being using only one browser at a time :D )
---------------------------------------------------------------

@dheeraj:

:D buddy, i am now able to open that so called "some website" as mentioned in ur posts above ;)

@ravi: thanx for ur help buddy, :) appreciate it very much.

@ iMAV:

Well, i was not trying to get any help for my Pirated version of XP bro, I was jus asking a simple error of IE (wich is regardless of pirated or original XP OS), even thou u did not help me out, but still no hard feelings here.. I hv been a member here for a long time and I knw wat the rules are.. :)

:offtopic: Besides, how many of us here use an ORIGINAL XP OS ? I just may be 10 in every 100 ppl.. :) (just a thought guys.. :) )

@rohan: well thanx for telling me that IE7 can be installed on a system regardless of the (original ad/or pirated) XP os.. :) (i really didn't knw that)

TO all: Guys, I still cannot see the Avtaars of any of u or mine for that matter, can u help me out !! Also, some of te icons on this forum are jus blanked out (jus a small cross "x" mark) within it.. :(

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Ok guys

TO all: Guys, I still cannot see the Avtaars of any of u or mine for that matter, can u help me out !! Also, some of te icons on this forum are jus blanked out (jus a small cross "x" mark) within it.. :(

Even I cannot see my own avatar. There is some bug with this new installation.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Rohan, is this with ur own avtaar or u cant see any of the other user's avtaar too ?? can u see my avtaar??

Cheers n e-peace...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@ iMAV:

Well, i was not trying to get any help for my Pirated version of XP bro, I was jus asking a simple error of IE (wich is regardless of pirated or original XP OS), even thou u did not help me out, but still no hard feelings here.. I hv been a member here for a long time and I knw wat the rules are.. :)

:offtopic: Besides, how many of us here use an ORIGINAL XP OS ? I just may be 10 in every 100 ppl.. :) (just a thought guys.. :) )
how many people use legitimate copies is no excuse to underline that i use pirated version so dont tell me to update secondly my reply was quite indicative ;) if u read between the lines :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@ gary:

Buddy, i once did installed FIREFOX, but wen i tried to connect to the net, it showed me the message "Page cannot be displayed" error !!

Can u plz tell me if i hv to do any tweaks with the Installation of Firefox (along with IE7 installed on my system) !! so that I can use FIREFOX and IE7 as and wen i wish !! (the exception being using only one browser at a time :D )

It error because of inproper network configuration.
Firefox Help and Tutorials - Installing Firefox

if you require help, please post back.
Do check out firefox Addons.

For firefox related tweaks install FasterFox extension

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ thanx gary... :) will check that out..

Btw, are u also facing the problem of Not Seeing Avtars ?? in ur broswer page ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom