Identify Unknown Programs from Their File Name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
if ever u want to find out if a file is a friend or a foe, just enter the file name and you can discover the product name, publisher, original publication date and more.
*fileadvisor.bit9.com/services/search.aspx

here you can look up any of the processes running on your PC and find out whether they are friend or foe. this one is more known.
*www.processlibrary.com/

mihirvashist

Journeyman
anandk said:
if ever u want to find out if a file is a friend or a foe, just enter the file name and you can discover the product name, publisher, original publication date and more.
*fileadvisor.bit9.com/services/search.aspx

here you can look up any of the processes running on your PC and find out whether they are friend or foe. this one is more known.
*www.processlibrary.com/
Can u tell me of a decompiler which can decompile prgrams/software and decrypt them so i can study them and then make my own programs effective and pro like.......
it just to take idea how pros do it...if u know plz share it with me...
thnx

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Decompilers

mihirvashist said:
Can u tell me of a decompiler which can decompile prgrams/software and decrypt them so i can study them and then make my own programs effective and pro like.......
it just to take idea how pros do it...if u know plz share it with me...
thnx

There is a whole discipline of computers devoted to ehat you are looking for. It is called Reverse Engineering & the software is called a disassembler or decompiler.

Though not many programs are there which can decompile the Big Corp programs, there are a few that convert simple programs into C code.

For more info and for d/l ing a decompiler visit:

The DCC decompiler: *www.itee.uq.edu.au/~cristina/dcc.html
IDA Pro: *www.datarescue.com/
Open Source RE: *www.openrce.org
and the likes....
Hope they are useful

sree_shan

Broken In
nice man....
thanks 4 these links...
b4 i dont abt many of the processes which r running in background and their purpose ....

nice ... keep posting ...

:) :) :)

mihirvashist

Journeyman
Re: Decompilers

gaurav21r said:
There is a whole discipline of computers devoted to ehat you are looking for. It is called Reverse Engineering & the software is called a disassembler or decompiler.

Though not many programs are there which can decompile the Big Corp programs, there are a few that convert simple programs into C code.

For more info and for d/l ing a decompiler visit:

The DCC decompiler: *www.itee.uq.edu.au/~cristina/dcc.html
IDA Pro: *www.datarescue.com/
Open Source RE: *www.openrce.org
and the likes....
Hope they are useful
thnx ...
i knew abt reverse engineering butdidn't knew it was used for decompliling softwares..i thought tat it was used for tracing server logs of hackers....
and abt disassembler..one needs to know assembly for tat which works on binary and hexadecimal units instead of a particular syntax as in case of high level language as C/C++.........
here is an ebook link....
Code:
[URL="*rapidshare.de/files/15298494/Art_of_Asm.rar"]rapidshare.de/files/15298494/Art_of_Asm.rar[/URL]
this book does require programming knowledge...
thnx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom