Ideal bandwidth for video conferencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchPotato

Broken In
Hi,
I have a bandwidth speed of around 400 kbps. My parents have a 256kbps DataOne connection and the speed is usually around 180kbps. When we tried video conferencing using Skype, the images were quite blurred. What bandwidth would you suggest for clearer images? Thank you.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
CouchPotato said:
Hi,
I have a bandwidth speed of around 400 kbps. parents have 256kbps the speed is usually 180kbps. When we tried video confing usin Skype, images were blurred. What bandwidth you suggest for clearer images? Thank you.
I have 512kbps Tataindicom broadband & I still have the same problem video confing with another 512 user.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
CouchPotato said:
Hi,
I have a bandwidth speed of around 400 kbps. My parents have a 256kbps DataOne connection and the speed is usually around 180kbps. When we tried video conferencing using Skype, the images were quite blurred. What bandwidth would you suggest for clearer images? Thank you.

You can not get a smooth FPS with any broadband in india. To have a smooth flow you need atleast 25-30 fps, and with max bandwidth 512kbps which we indians have even reaching 15 fps is considered to be good. But its far far better then what we had say 5 years ago. So we will reach the mbps mark as well and pretty soon too. PATIENCE!!!

OP
C

CouchPotato

Broken In
We tried one way conferencing today. They were able to see us clearly. So I guess, should ask them to upgrade to 512kbps connection, to see them clearly. Thank you for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom