• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Ide/Pata drive not showing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
hi, i have a i3 processor with 8 gb ram, 1tb sata drive, 40 gb ide/pata drive ... few days back my power supply gave out so i got a new one ... after pluging it, my old ide/pata drive doesnt showup in bios & windows ... tried solo boot (ide has xp installed) also bt no effect ... its working spinning ... my bios is kinda old, its has an option (on chip sata mode = off/auto/combine/enhance) ... tried all bt no use ... so how can i make it visible to bios ???

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=186]ax3[/MENTION],

Based on your post, it may be the power issue. The new PS might be not providing the enough output supply to HDD. To overcome the problem, I’d suggest you to try the different power cable in the same system.

If the problem still persist, try a HDD as a secondary storage in different Computer to make sure that the problem is with the drive and not with the PC.

Hope it helps.

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
old psu is dead ... am trying this with new psu ... do i have 2 install any drivers or what settings should b in bios 2 recognise this drive ??? this old ide/pata drive is working (tried on my frds pc) ... same thing had happened bt during that time the pc technician did sumthing & it got recognised ... plz help ...

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=186]ax3[/MENTION],
I am glad to help you out. I am sharing with you the general article regarding EIDE drive is not recognized or detected by the system BIOS, it might help you to solve the issue.

Please refer the link below for more information regarding the issue:

Support Answers

hope it helps.

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] ... thanx for ur reply ... bt problem persist ...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try changing pata/ide cable & if still no luck then try with a new/another psu(preferably from a different shop & assuming you don't have a gfx card).

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] ... bt the new psu is powering-up pata drive as its spinning ... same thing had happened bt during that time the pc technician did sumthing in bios & it got recognised ... any settings in bios ???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
which mobo are you using & post your complete system config?just because it is powering up doesn't necessarily mean psu is working fine.also just to be sure try on chip sata mode as combined & make sure 40gb hdd is connected to the same ide/pata port as earlier when working.

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
@whitestar_999 ... thanx

problem solved ... ide cable was not getting plugged properly so just pressed it inside & jumper setting changed to cable (earlier it was on master) ...

now its getting recognised ...

thanx all for ur support & help ... appreciate it a lot ... thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom