ide for java

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Oracle's JDeveloper. Its free as of June 27th. And it has so many features u gotta try it. Comes integrated with an application server as well. And it supports a lot of the J2EE features.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Eclipse from *www.eclipse.org. Its the best and has plugins for C++, etc. So once you get used to the IDE, you can use it over and over again for other developements :)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
tuxfan said:
Eclipse from *www.eclipse.org. Its the best and has plugins for C++, etc. So once you get used to the IDE, you can use it over and over again for other developements :)

If I need to develop enterprise applications then I have to pay for the plugins as they are commercial. JDeveloper is free for even commercial development. It comes with a lot of features such as Enterprise development, deployment to various application servers, UML modelling and so on. You gotta try it and see ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
I must try since you are recommending it strongly :) But I am not too much of a Java guy. Learnt it, used it for some time and have almost forgotten it :oops: :(

R

rb210

BlueJ

If you are an ICSE student like I am...BlueJ might help

*www.bluej.org/

aadipa

Padawan
used eclipse, NetBeans, JCreatorLE.

If you have low end system, stay away from eclipse and NetBeans, both being java based IDE, needs lot more resources.

But if system is fast one with loads of RAM, eclipse is very good.

aadipa

Padawan
Forte is now Sun One Studio, which is based on NetBeans and while NetBeans is a freeware, Sun One Studio is __not__ a freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom