ICS on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Hi guys,I was trying last night to setup a adhoc wireless network on my laptop(with Vista on it) so that i could enable a friends iphone to connect to internet through it.The laptop is connected to internet via a PPPoE connection.

I have one ethernet connection (through which PPPoE connection is run) and one wireless connection.
So what I did was Right Click on the PPPoE connection in "Manage Network Connections" and went to "Sharing" tab and enabled "Allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection"

However,when I do that, net stops working on my laptop.I can only access google and couple of other sites.

When I disable the "Sharing" option as mentioned above, net works perfectly without any issues. Is something wrong with what I am doing ?

P.S: I am not very good at networking stuff *www.techenclave.com/forums/images/smilies/tongu23e.gif

slugger

Banned
the problem seems to be with bandwidth allocation of the network u setup

not sure if u can control it in an adhoc nework

n e way u may wan2 chek dis out

Information on 'Tweaking' your TCP stack

also use sum bandwith monitors to c how much is being used up by ur computer

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
Thanks..the issue is still unresolved..Netlimiter dint show any thing unusual! However,I managed to setup an ad hoc wireless setup and a proxy server on my laptop and accessed net on iphone through that proxy :D Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom