iBook or Pc notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
OK i have had it with my frustating journey with Pc...( hanging...blue screen..hardware issues...battery life problem ....etc )
Should i junk my ACi Pc laptop and get ibook...is it worth it....
Other thing...i have 14" screen on ACI but i can buy only a 12" screen on Ibook....will i miss my 14" screen using iBook....????
How is the Mac journey....hows the battery life an all....Please guide ...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm cant say abt the battery life coz i never used an ibook...but the biggest issue with any Mac is the fact that u wont get software 4 it that easily....and then ibooks r expensive compared with regular laptops...u get 12 inch and 14 inch options...

oldmonk

Broken In
ibook has one of the highest battery life.

You can use windows applications using aa commercially available emulator but of course you cannot expect high performance for those apps. but they are still very usable.

MAc has its own set of apps for all the windows equivalent. They are pretty good.

MS Office for mac is so much better than the windows version looks wise. functionality wise its the same.

Apple 12" screen is very very nice quality . much better than most notebooks - i dont know about ACI.

Its a pleasure to use, but the only big disadvantage is the propritory hardware thats more expensive and usually slower than the same priced intel/amd notebooks.

This is what i have seen from one of my ex boss who had a 12" ibook.

I think for the same amount of cash you can upgrade to a better intel/amd notebook.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Thanks nemisis and Old monk...Anyway the issue with me here is as you can see not the faster PC or its componets but laying my hands on a reliable Operating system or the software...look at Windows xp ...its second service pack 2 is more bigger in size than windows 98....and is it good..
Then the other thing is that its not even perfect...Compatibility issues....with other softwares and even hardwares...i'm really so furustrared with the windows world.....After all if i need speed i got the desktop ..with all the ozzles ..but work ...comeon its too damn serious business...i can't waste my life fixing the laptop and its stupid OS..... :p

oldmonk

Broken In
WEll if you dont want fixing and restoring then nothing beats the Mac. ANd most good hardware companies do give mac drivers.

And far as software and compatibilty goes.... office, photoshop, IExplorer, etc is all there for the mac.

If you buy it abroad then the price maybe be upto 40% cheaper than buying in india.

best regards

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well even i think i setter for an iBOOK or G4 Powerbook....its better....and yes thanks for the suggestion oldmonk....but i think i better buy the ibook from india for the support....and garranty...!!!!

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well that pretty much settles it ..doesn't it !!!! then its Ibook or PowerBook for me....only i think i will buy it form india...will get a better warranty and Suppose if i need it...!!!

oldmonk

Broken In
You will get the warranty and support in india. With the money you save, you can buy apple care, that is a comprehemsive coverage for many problems, and apple supprt is worldwide. So dont worry about that, its an international warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom