IBM thinkpad T-21 goes blank all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aanand

Journeyman
The IBM Thinkpad T-21 laptop goes blank all of a sudden in the middle of the work. Whenever it goes blank, I have to restart it again.
I took the laptop to the IBM service centre when I encounterd the problem for the first time and the service personnel refixed the processor and the problem seemed to be solved. But again within a day it started giving trouble. He said that the processor got overheated. But The fan is working fine.
What could be the possible defect? (Could the speed of the fan is not enough?)

I also get the message during bootup that "the LAN adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initiated. The boot agent cannot continue."
I could not find modem in the device manager list. I could not be able to use the modem either.
The Lan adaptor config problem started a month back and still persists now and then.
Sometimes everythings seems to be OK -NO turning off (going blank) No LAN adapter problem. How to solve it ? What could be the possible diagnosis?

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Looks like a over-heating problem. You can install some CPU temperature monitoring
software & monitor the temperature. Poor ventilation, less heat dissipation can
also wreck havoc. The IBM service personnel did a temporary fix. But the problem
is not fixed!! Better monitor the CPU temperature. If it's not abnormal , then
you have to findout which is the culprit. It's a trial & error method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom