i want wireless fidelity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayush.ag

Right off the assembly line
i own a laptop and computer and have a broadband coonection(via adsl2+ modem). i want to use internet on both the computers wirelessly. i want all the details so as to establish the wi fi network at home. plzz tell me the hardwar reqired. my budget is minimal.(the lowest u can think of!)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well u cannot connect 2 machine to that modem ... so what u can do is connect both the machine wirelessly and then start internet on one with USB or Lan... and let that machine share its internet connection

a_medico

Chillum Baba
modem to be replaced by wireless modem/router.

The modem will emit the wireless signals. Both the terminals should be able to catch those signals.

If your laptop is Centrino, it already has wireless card - you only need to configure it. If not, then I am not sure of the other ways to convert it into wifi (?maybe usb/pcmci options are available for external wireless card)

Your computer should have a wifi card which will allow it to accept the signals from the router.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
even then both the comp will not be able to connect directly to internet without being in network... one machine will have to have the connection and share it via network

NucleusKore

TheSaint
A good solution is to go for a combo router (broadband router + network switch). hey usually have 2-4 wired lan out and a wireless lan. Now the problem is wireless network range is not much. I have burnt my fingers with wireless networking using a netgear wap. You may get the signal at another room in your house but bandwidth drops like anything. Wireless signals do not seem to be able to bend around corners, at least that has been my experience. very disappointing. I am back to wired lan. Its very reliable ! I feel unless you go for a powerful (read expensive) air station you cannot have a wireless network AS GOOD AS a wired network in the same house.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
still u wil noot be able to make connection in both the machine as u need to dial in a BSNL connection and which cannot be done in both at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom