I want to purchase AGP graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

shekhar_bg

Right off the assembly line
Hi everybody

I have msi 915 GLMV mother board having AGP slot. My pc have :( 512 mb Ram and P4 3 GHz. HT enabled pc. I want to purchase low priced grphics card for gaming. Can you please suggest me good graphics card from nvidea or Ati.

My budget is arount 2k to 3k

Thanks

Shekhar

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For 3k I think you can squeeze in a XFX Geforce 6200 128MB Video card or the usual FX5200.But the former would be a better choice as it has a bit of higher performance than the FX5200.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
u should go in for XFX 6200.Coz fx 5200 is really underpowered.U can play all games at the lowest settings in 5200 with a fps of 20-30

Serious_Dude

Right off the assembly line
these are the latest prices in hyderabad

VITAL COMPUTERS
shop No.2,cellar,A/c Mall,Chenoy Trade Centre,ParkLane,Secunderabad-3
phone - 040 - 27841227 email : vitalcomputers2003@yahoo.com

XFX/Leadtek 128MB Nvidia Geforce 6200 128Bit AGP Card - Rs 3275
XFX/Leadtek 128MB Nvidia Geforce 6600 128Bit PCI-X CArd - Rs 4940

Take the first one :eek:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
go in fr the XFX 6600 coz its better than 5200!!
ull need to shell out some more money but itll be worth it!!!
i used a 5200 256m fr a year it sucks !!!!!
my ati X200 give better performance than that!

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
I feel nVidia cards are the only option, considering the fact that ATi doesnt have many low-end AGP choices(IMO,none at all.)
For abt 3.5k, XFX 6200 128 MB seems to be the best and will do good considering that you have a good processor and RAM.
If you still dont wanna cross 3k, then try any of the GeForce 5 series cards, especially GeForce 5700 (dunno whether its available now).
I personally feel FX 5200 is obselete, so there's no use getting it.

For ATI, there are cards like Radeon 9250 and Radeon 9600 that are the cheapest alternatives, but then again, availability is a problem, and they are costlier than their nVidia counterparts

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
MysticHalo said:
I feel nVidia cards are the only option, considering the fact that ATi doesnt have many low-end AGP choices(IMO,none at all.)
What about the X300? It's as good as the 6200. Even better would be the X1300. Same price as a 6600 but far better peformance.
However availability is an issue.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ambar said:
dude X-200 is an onboard graphics sol. shipped on MSI mobos for AMD processors!
Actually there are X200 based chipsets available for the Intel Processors as well.Though they aren't as strong competitors as compared to the Nvidia's 6100 onboard solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom