I want to know bout:Amd 3000+ 64 939soc and mboard 4 it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

insanity_incarrnate

i hav a 3.0ghz prescott and intel865gbf motherboard dis config literally sucks,expensive but not worth it.hav a heatin problem and dun giv da performance at all,i m really fed up.so now i hav decided to go 4 a amd processor 3000+ 64bit 939socket.so i juz wanna know 4 which motherboard i shud opt?there is a board from MSI-rs480m2 it has onboard graphics and its a ATI® Radeon XPRESS 200 Chipset,it supports sata,hav a 16xpci slot,it seems 2 me a very gud board.so i juz wanna know it is good or not and i shud go 4 it?even gemme sum other options as well.i wont be able 2 spend more then 13-14thou bucks(for processor and mboard).and even temme a pci card for dis config which shud not be more 6,6.5 thou bucks.plz temme as soon as possible its urgent.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i think the msi rs480m2 has decent graphics onboard and u can go for it if you dont want to spend on a graphics card. it should cost you around 6.5k . but then you have also written that you want a graphics card , i suggest you go for the xfx 6600 pci-e vanilla version which costs around 7500/-

your total expenditure will be ,

AMD Athlon 3000+ (939) - 7500/-
ATI RS480-M2 Mobo - 6500/-
XFX 6600 (PCI-E) - 7500/-

Now you decide buddy , alternatively you can buy a XFX AGP 6600GT 128 MB DDR3 retailing for around 12000/- for your current processor and motherboard setup i.e prescott 3.0 + 865 gbf board and use it. it will offer very good perfomance then. As in your present state you cant expect the intel extreme graphics to perfom in games. For the heating issues . go for a well ventilated cabinet with xtra cooling fans. That should do the job.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Do not go for 6600vanilla as for 7500 you might get 64bit i am not talking of memory amount here

make sure you get 128bit 6600 series graphic card

6600gt is a lot better go for it for 11250 pci-e xfx.

you might not find much performance diff from the config you are upgrading

go for amd 3500 winchester or atleast 3200 winchester,3000 may not perform very well.

3200 winchester 939about 9500

also,don't take an avg motherboard like the one suggested above
take msi nforce 4 for about 9500

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@akshayt
dude plz have a look at his budget and then suggest things. he wants both a motherboard and processor for 13k-14k . also he specifically wants a socket 939 processor. The config that you are giving him will cost a bomb. According to you he shoud go for ,

AMD 3200+ Winchester (939) - 9500/-
MSI Nforce 4 (without onboard graphics) - 9500/-
XFX PCI-E 128 6600 GT 128 DDR3 - 11500/-

dude this totals upto 30,500/- which is just double of his budget. plz keep the budget in mind before you post your suggestions. thanx. Also he has clearly mentioned he wants a graphics card for around 6.5k that is why i suggested a vanilla 6600.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
where do you get a 6600vanilla for 6.5k?

also,why do you have to go for 939?

in your next upgrade will you not be doing cpu+motherboard + ram together?

In about 22000,you can get something way better:
Amd 2800 64 (754),about 5k
Asus K8N,5-5.5k
128mb geforce 6600gt agp 11750
total about 22000

For gaming it should be able to deafeat the one earlier suggested and you should not need to upgrade this combination for another 2yrs , the time can be more or less depending upon what performance do you want in return.

If you wish you can go for amd 3000 754 for about 7.5k maybe less

A system not as much for gaming:

754,amd 3000 or 3200
with asus k8n or k8n-e dlx
with radeon 9600 or 9600pro 128mb
128bit 128mb

KHUBBU

Journeyman
I too have a 2.8 HT and 865 mobo, 256 RAM, I am very much satisfied by the gaming performance of intel extreme graphics 2 ( only for the games that run on it). I was thinking of getting a msi rs480+ AMD 64 ( which one not sure), reason is that the board has one of the best onboard gfx as it is claimed. Will I be able to play Doom 3, Splinter Cell and Farcry at 800*600 ?

It also has Pcie slot so I can later upgrade when 6600 GT will come within my reach.
Help. Suggestions needed.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
heyy pal 2day only i hav placed an order 4 a MSI-rs480m2 motherboard and amd 3000+ 64 939soc processor if u can den wait for 4-5 dayz den i'll be able 2 tell u dat doom3 and farcry is workin properly or not.rite now i hav 3.0ghz precott and 865 motherboard b4 dis i had amd 2000+ and a asus-a7n266-vm motherbaord in which i was able 2 play farcry,it did not give any problem,but i was an idiot who went for bloody 3.0ghz and intel865 mboard,it really sucks.so i suggest u 2 wait 4 few dayz den i'll b able 2 tell u da exact difference or exact performance between da 2.wat i hav heard and wat i hav experienced in my earlier amd and asus m.b i suggest u to go 4 da same config.every single penny of urs is worth it trust me.read dis-(TI introduces the next generation PCI Express® MSI-rs480m2 chipset with RADEON® graphics for the complete range of AMD Athlon™ 64, AMD Athlon™ 64 FX, and AMD Sempron™ processors. The RADEON® XPRESS 200 brings both stunning 3D graphics and universal connectivity in a chipset design that provides exceptional value for the high performance. The new chipset can effortlessly scale from everyday multimedia applications to high-definition 3D gaming. The RADEON® XPRESS 200 is the first chipset solution in the market with a DirectX™ 9.0 graphics core that is a derivative of RADEON® X300.The RADEON® XPRESS 200 is the first chipset with a graphics processor that let you play the latest game titles on DirectX™ 9 and OpenGL™ technology. For serious gaming fun and competitive play.HYPERMEMORY™ technology offers optional dedicated Local Frame Buffer configuration for a 32-bit or 64-bit interface and up to 128MB of memory).Awesome Awesome Awesome....

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
From what I have heard the MSI Rs40m2 should be an ok board. The onboard grpahics pretty much lets you play almost any game at low settings I believe. I think a few already has this board for their system . I believe your other system is also fine with proper ventilation and rearranging the wires and stuff it should fix the heating problem. Also if you use the money for a pretty good GPU that should suffice for a gaming rig IMHO .

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
dude just listen :

do a formatting of your partition

buy and antec 400watts psmshould cost about 3500 in delhi

take proper cooling solutions , fans etc

try your system,logically tell what is so slow about it

if gaming is your concern

invest all that dough into
128mb geforce 6600gt
256mb geforce 6800gt
etc

try this

for cpu comparision

*216.92.52.205/index.html

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
insanity_incarrnate said:
i hav a 3.0ghz prescott and intel865gbf motherboard dis config literally sucks,expensive but not worth it.hav a heatin problem and dun giv da performance at all,i m really fed up
U have a pretty decent config buddy.865 GBF is a good mobo.After moving to amd 64 u may not experience big boost.
I think ur comp is not running optimumly.Try to reinstall os,update drivers and spend some bucks for a decent hs/fam from brands like thermaltake...
3 gig p4 and 865 gbf is good...its pretty good.I dont think u need a upgrade.

LayZ

Broken In
yeah man ur mobo and processor are good enough!!just invest in a good card,if ur budget cuts u short then go for the 6200,it'll probably cost u around Rs.8.5k and i believe it has 4 unlockable pipelines and good oc-ing capability too,else if ur budget permits go for the 6600GT..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
same config

hey buddy i have the same config u r planning to go for(amd 3000+ and MSI-rs480). if ur ti8 on budget and want a machine which will last for 2yrs w/o need for upgrade then opt for this machine as this is future proof as this has pci-e slot. u can play far cry at 1024-768 32bit resolution , and thats pretty decent with onboard graphics. if u have mopney then u can take a pci-e card which will be even better. But if u an wait to buy a pci-e card then its better as in india we still do have much of option and prices for pci-e is also high. THINK :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom