I WANT TO DOWNLOAD WHOLE DIGIT FORUM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chindi_Chor

Journeyman
can i download wit offline browser...or else.. download studio...

will it workzz for me...

waitin..for the repliezz...

tanxx

chindi chor... :roll: :wink:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
mvishnu said:
hafees said:
Someone from digit should reply whether it is allowed or not.

why not?

anyway, if you are allowed to view it, then why not keep it?
Heh, true. But OP, do the others a favour and don't use too many simultaneous threads for downloading. Just point the offline browser to thinkdigit.com/forum/index.php and download.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
PHP is supposed to be dynamic... You cannot possibly download this forum without have apache and php running on your own machine, and having the complete mysql database with you.. Which no one will EVER give to you... So you can just 4get about it!

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I think you are confudes kalpik. PHP is server side. What you get after you click a link is html and not php. I hope you are not running apache and php modules when you are browsing this forum :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
:lol: What would one possible do with the whole forum on the hard disk? Additionally, the contents keep changing. What do you do about that?

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I just had a brainwave

Chor has a good idea anyway, why cant digit bundle the month's forum threads in a zip file or something and provide it in the month's cd or dvd? It sure would help a lot. Don't know if it is feasible though.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Most of the offline browsers have a function that can query if-modified-since http message that basically tell if a page has been changed and update the offline copy. This could make checking for and downloading new or modified links fast.
Infact, Digit could probably choose an offline browser to make a database of the forum and put it in their cd/dvd every month. If the customer has a Internet connection, they can do what I said above and have an up2date copy if they want. But I really don't know why anyone would want to download a forum in the first place.

come on guys, surely you should have some sense...anyone thought how BIG the forum is? surely its in GBs....i dunno but I think an admin would be able to tell us.....and is been for years....

anyway, coming to softwares, you can use Blackwidow from SoftByte Labs, its really fast and neat

Kniwor

Learner
dheeraj_kumar said:
come on guys, surely you should have some sense...anyone thought how BIG the forum is? surely its in GBs....i dunno but I think an admin would be able to tell us.....and is been for years....

anyway, coming to softwares, you can use Blackwidow from SoftByte Labs, its really fast and neat

i dont think it will be in GB's it is all text.... when compressed and kept I am sure it will never ever reach 1 GB.....

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Some Number Crunching

Let us say 50 * 266 //in memberlist 50 per page and 266 pages
1330 * 20 //say 10 % members post per month at an average of 20 posts per month
26600 * 100 // 100 characters per post (well i am keeping it to a minimum)

Around 2 mb per month
Come on dheeraj. Not that big I would say. Even if we go to the maximum of 20 mb per month for a year it is 240 mb. Most of the softwares in the Digit DVD come to this size. I still think Digit should bundle it with a good search engine with their mags. Also it would help the readers like me who prefer reading plaintext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom