I want to create a website. where to buy Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I want to create a simple website. where to get Domain
And want to have atleast 100 - 500 Mb traffic possible per month.
I want to buy domain name for as low as possible for 1 year

Also can i buy it online like with egold
thanks
please tell

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
thanks all for replying
actually i want to buy name under 500 - 700 Rs for 1 year if possible

also i want to create maximum of 5 -10 page
thats all

why i want to buy is because so i can have more control over it , i mean the site that i will create
thanks

tuxfan

Technomancer
Under 500? :lol: Contact me for a .com under 400. I can provide you the required control with your own username and password! You will not be prevented from transferring it as well because you will have full control over it.

Additionally, even I am in Mumbai ;)

BTW, do you mean you want a domain AND hosting under 700? That seems a little difficult! You can't rely too much on cheap hosting. IMO, instead of very cheap hosting, might as well go for free hosting. You can search this forum and you will find many threads on free hosting! Or for better results, spend a little more and get reliable hosting.

Contact me for more details. :)

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Thanks all for the help
i dont know domain AND hosting under 700 what it means
i dont know domain , hosting what it means. i know website www. in simple meaning.

example how www.thinkdigit.com is
i want that type of website. i dont want forums.
and want only 10 mb data maximum data on the site and 5 - 10 maximum pages on it .
10 mb maximum means i can upload 1 or 2 mb only but not above 10 mb and have 1 -2 mb data to download if required by people.

And want 500 monthy bandwidht

i dont know what u called this website , domain, hosting

like i want www.xyzxyz.com and want to make the main page and other 5 - 10 pages maximum according to me not according to rules of the site that u have to place this link or this link , i mean ads , like how yahoo , they displayed their ads to give us free email. i dont want that kind that i have to display ads that are coming from free sites.
Ofcourse my site will be family site but i should have full control of editing it easily. and i want it for 1 year

aadipa

Padawan
For free web-space, I would suggest Zeeblo.

For paid web-space, have a look at any of above offers.

Many web hosts provide sub-domains / long urls to your account. You can then use that url or make it shorter using url redirection service like www.snipurl.com which gives urls like snipurl.com/yoursnip

Else you can take DOT.tk top level domain for free, but that is too slow and not reliable.

Best is to pay for your domain, any .com will be under Rs 400/year.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Here's a intro on web-sites for newbies. ;) Please don't nitpick and point out technical errors. This is stated in simple terms for better understanding from a newbie's viewpoint.

For a web-site, you need 3 things.
1. Domain (a .com, .net, .org, .in, etc.)
2. Hosting (server space)
3. Content and design.

All the three things are separate with separate costs. You can take all 3 from same person or all 3 from 3 different person. The last one can be managed on your own as well.

Let me start with a server. A server is a high capacity computer which remains on and online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Files on a server can be accessed without a domain name with an IP address as well.

But how convenient is a website if you have to type *212.100.33.56 to access it? Or if you have to send an email to info@212.100.33.56. So a domain name is used for convenience and clarity. When someone enters www.yourdomain.com in his browser, that domain name is resolved to an IP address, you are forwarded there and files kept there are displayed.

This is how all the sites are made. You don't need any specific example for this.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Thanks i understood
But if i buy

do i have to buy
because i want 10 mb maximum space
but i want Approx 500 mb bandwidth per month
thanks

tuxfan

Technomancer
Domain names are usually not available for free (except that silly .tk). But there are many sites that provides free hosting! Even in this forum many people have posted about the list of sites giving free hosting. So search the forum and take help of google/yahoo ;) for free hosting.

However, IMO, if you are serious about your site, it better to pay a bit and take hosting. There's someone who is accountable for the downtime or its maintenance. In free, there is no commitment. They can shut it down or stop it anytime they want. They can kick you out even if you violate some of their terms unknowingly. So there's no guarantee of continuation, speed, etc.

I always wonder how do free hosting providers survive if they don't even display their ads on your sites!!

However, if you are not too sure, start with something thats free. You can switch hosting anytime you want. It takes about 48 hours to take effect.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
Thanks i understood
But if i buy

do i have to buy
because i want 10 mb maximum space
but i want Approx 500 mb bandwidth per month
thanks

You can to buy 2 things to get your website -
1. A domain name (.com/ .net/ .info, etc.)
2. Webspace for your website.

You can get both of the things from different providers. You can select providers providing the best deal for each thing.

As said above ^^. In case you need serious website better for paid. Or, just for startup you can surely try freehosts. But, one day you will have to go for paid. I have experiences with free hosts with more than 2 years. In case you find your host (providing specs you need) it doesn't last long.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
u might like to try these sites :-

*www.inlandhost.net (for professional webs)

*www.doteasy.com

these sights offer domains fr 10$. it might suit u.

tuxfan said:
However, IMO, if you are serious about your site, it better to pay a bit and take hosting. There's someone who is accountable for the downtime or its maintenance. In free, there is no commitment. They can shut it down or stop it anytime they want. They can kick you out even if you violate some of their terms unknowingly. So there's no guarantee of continuation, speed, etc.

Except for these, zeeblo is the best,I dont know whether they are committed or not, but they provide a control panel and I found it quite easy to manage.

Well dont think I am hijacking this thread, I too have a doubt related to this, if I have a domain name how can I point it to my site which is created in free hosting sites???......

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
This is for author of topic
If you are a reader of digit mag,
try there web-hosters ad.you find full sol.

tuxfan

Technomancer
pratheesh_prakash said:
if I have a domain name how can I point it to my site which is created in free hosting sites???......

Most domain registration services will provide you with this service. Alternatively, follow these steps

1. Change the domain's DNS;
2. Host your domain with a free .com hosting provider (e.g. www.freeservers.com);
3. Make an index.htm (or index.html or default.htm or whatever) page with the following code; and
4. Upload it to the free .com hosting provider.

Code:
<html><head></head>
<body onload="window.location='*www.yourname.freesiteprovider.com';">
If you are not automatically forwarded to the main site, please [url="*www.yourname.freesiteprovider.com"]click here[/url].
</body>
</html>

You may have a look at the terms to see that you are not violating their terms because some free providers don't permit this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom