i want to buy a 2.1 speaker. which one to buy.pls suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi ppl.
i am planning to buy a 2.1 speaker system.my budget is Rs1500.
these are the models i have shortlisted-

1.Altec Lansing BXR1121
2. Creative SBS 370
3. Creative Inspire M2600
4. Altec Lansing ATP3(it's name is probably changed to 4121)-i have read about it in the forum but no idea about it's price.
5. Artis S111R and S111/FM

pls suggest which one is better.and mention the price.if u know of any other then pls mention it and price.
also if i can get something good like a 5.1 by spending little more, i can consider that also.

Last edited:

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
well... you should go with the first one... and as far as i think get a 2.1. dont go for 5.1. i myself own a creative sbs 5.1 and rarely put it in a 5.1 setup. sometimes i feel dat i just wasted my money.

just go for d antec lacing rated best buy by digit.

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
thnks for the reply dude.
how much did ur 5.1 cost??
have u heard the altec lansing,or know abt it or u r saying coz digit gave it award???bcoz i kind have the feeling that creative m2600 might be better coz it is of inspire series and it was costly before and considered little high end.but now it is in my budget.
and what abt the others i mentioned any idea???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ATP3 has been discontinued.
Check techtree reviews for a gud 2.1 set which suits ur budget.
BTW, ATP3 was for 2.5k
Altec 121i is slightly better than SBS 370.

acewin

Point Blanc
sorry to get included in this same.
I watch movies on my laptop, I want louder output because in alot of cases the sound is low.

Now, my question is what the sub-woofer helps in really(I actually just need better sound output which is more louder) and if you guys can suggest interms of the output which of these 2.1 can be better.

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
its discussed too many times... refer searching altec lansing ATP3 :)
dude i already searched and i mentioned in my post also.i also said i didn't know it's current price.

ATP3 has been discontinued.
Check techtree reviews for a gud 2.1 set which suits ur budget.
BTW, ATP3 was for 2.5k
Altec 121i is slightly better than SBS 370.
thanks for the info dude.
what do u people think of creative inspire m2600.does anyone have it????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Philips MMS430
2) Altec Lansing VS4121(31watt Total continuous RMS), VS4221 (35watt, IR remote), FX6021 (75watt, wireless remote and control pod)

If you can afford VS6021, go for it. damn good model. spec:

Features InConcert™ Technology – The fusion of pro audio line-array and tri-amp technologies,
Altec Lansing’s InConcert uses three separate amplifiers to power a total of 12 high-performance, fullrange
Micro Drivers. A frequency filtering system beams intense, concentrated audio straight out. You’ve
never heard audio like this!
Pure, Intelligible Sound – Crisp, clean sound feels like it’s being directed right at you, without
reverb from floors and ceilings.
Virtually No Volume Drop-Off – Whether you’re sitting in front of the speakers or several feet
away, you’ll hear every nuance of sound.
Exceptional Bass – Rattle the room with low frequency bass from a 6.5" ported woofer set in a
low-resonance wooden cabinet.
Slim, Flat-Panel Profile – Shielded satellites look terrific next to your flat-panel screen or mounted
on wall (base is removable).
Wireless Remote and Control Pod – Either way, control of bass, treble and master volume levels
is at your fingertips. Just sit back and enjoy!
Auxiliary Input Jack – Connect two different audio sources – your PC and MP3 jukebox for example
– at the same time.
Headphone Jack – For private listening.

Each satellite has 6 drivers that pump out loads and loads of audio.

Last edited:
OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
what are the prices of these speakers???

well this is what i am thinkin-
if the altec lansing Altec Lansing BXR1121 is better than creative inspire m2600 then i will buy Altec Lansing BXR1121.
and if Altec Lansing 4121 is priced around 2000 then i will buy it.
and desibond u say philips mms430, can u tell which is better Altec Lansing 4121 or philips mms430 bcoz they probably are in the same price range and i have to make a decision.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
that you have to decide. mms430 is extremely loud with balanced bass, where bass never dominates treble. Never did testing of 4121. By specs it looks good and if it's not better than ATP3, MMS430 is the winner. But even mms430 can't beat VS6021. That one's simply superb.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
FX 6021 is the new model which replaced the gud old MX 5021. The FX 6021 is priced around 8k.
There are far better choices if u uve that much amount to spend.
I think M2600 is best, but lil over his budget.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
ok, Altec Lansing BXR1121 is good for that budget.
IMO, you should go with Philips MMS430 by spending few more. A smashing package! Actually, i have them and using for past 2 and half years!! :)
Regarding, 5.1 speakers...i would say, either be ready to spend 5K or more! Only then, i can suggest u some better models that'll last good. Anything below than 5K...and you are wasting ur money!
In that way, Philips MMS430 all the way bro. :)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Check out Logitech too.I have filtered all 2.1 Speakers for you in this URL.
*www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/&cl=us,en&page=1&filter=3737&sort=0

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I heard music on Logitech X-240 and it's nowhere near to the loudness attained by MMS430. Moreover, it's bass is also weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom