I want catologing software so it can index all files i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I want catologing software so it can index all files i have

I know many software are there for indexing full files list but all almost hangs when i indexes the hard disk
For cds many are good but for hard disk how to get for it
SO i want to index all files i have on my hard disk drive

any software

thestrategist

Gamer Forever!
Go for Google Desktop Search......... Its the best as far as i am concerned.... I have tried msn toolbar and yahoo's x1 search.... but google is the best.... u even have a sidebar that can be used for multiple purposes at once......

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
DO not look any furthur than locate32. Its freakin awesome!! *locate32.webhop.org/
Also it has keyboard shortcyts for everything, so you can have a single key press to upgrade the database.
Beats every other search utility hands down.
Note that google desktop, windows search index whole files, and is useful for searching 'in' files, and not 'for' files.

Last edited:

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Try avafind its the besti have seen , takes less resources, can schedule update of database.
There are a few problems with avafind. Not-free, if running in background it would pawn the system, since it doesn't allow exclusion of folders from indexing, so even while you are browsing it is still indexing ecery little html file. Note that the blocking feature doesn't block indexing, but only blocks 'showing' .

Netjunkie

In the zone
Copernic Desktop Search, its the simplest & efficient one of all the other products that i have tried.
Try that once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom