i want a pci-graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
hey i want a pci graphics card for gaming.

since my mobo is old and upgrade is not in sight for a year.

a second hand will do. i want geforce4 mx or higher

mav3r1ck

Broken In
Dear GUNSHOTSILENCE,
in one of ur previous posts u mentioned u have an 810e, that doesn't even have an AGP slot leave alone a PCI-E slot. and and GEForce 4 MX doesn't come in PCI-E interface. and supposing it does come u can't plug it in the white PCI slots of your mobo, if u were thinking along this line :wink: . the PCI and PCI-E slots are totally different slots in that the former is used to plug in add-on expansion cards like TV tuners, sound cards and the latter i.e. PCI-E slot is solely used for the purpose of adding an PCI-E interface GFX card. and GEForce 4 MX won't play today's generation games the way it's meant to be played haha :wink:

u should probably wait for another year and go for a new system since by then DX 10 will be the norm.

cha.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
mav3r1ck said:
Dear GUNSHOTSILENCE,
in one of ur previous posts u mentioned u have an 810e, that doesn't even have an AGP slot leave alone a PCI-E slot. and and GEForce 4 MX doesn't come in PCI-E interface. and supposing it does come u can't plug it in the white PCI slots of your mobo, if u were thinking along this line :wink: . the PCI and PCI-E slots are totally different slots in that the former is used to plug in add-on expansion cards like TV tuners, sound cards and the latter i.e. PCI-E slot is solely used for the purpose of adding an PCI-E interface GFX card. and GEForce 4 MX won't play today's generation games the way it's meant to be played haha :wink:

u should probably wait for another year and go for a new system since by then DX 10 will be the norm.

cha.

i guess he has said pci and not pci-e, so what made think that :?: :roll:

mav3r1ck

Broken In
wizrulz said:
mav3r1ck said:
Dear GUNSHOTSILENCE,

cha.

i guess he has said pci and not pci-e, so what made think that :?: :roll:

OK, my sincere apologies, but plz see the the thread by the name "buying help needed". Also let it be a PCI GFX card but does it change the fact that GUNSHOTSILENCE will be wasting money on his exisiting rig without gaining any performance increase whatsoever. :eek:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@mav3r1ck
leave what he has written in other threads......
we have to point out and answer to threads main question.......and relating will increase misunderstanding and controversies, isnt it???

now if u go in that thread( "buying help needed") and write that in one of ur thread u have written that upgrade is not possible for a year and then y u asking such questions will it do..??? :roll: ???

he has specifically asked for PCI geforce4 mx card so answering that will be more help full.......if he has other queries u and me r there.... :)

@GunshotSilence
the type of card u want is very hard to find at dealers...but try ur luck and u should get one for say abt 3K...the name i forgot sorry....

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
well....there r a couple of PCI cards available. I am myself searching for one.
The one's available in India are XFX geforce 5200 128MB and 256MB and sparkle geforce 6200 128 MB. these are the two cards that i m thinking upon. U can easily find FX 5200 on sale in ebay.in at around Rs 2500. Its a good card....but i m trying to get 6200 which is even better.

PS:I am sick with guys who take PCI with PCI-Express......plz dont forget old technology so fast. :p

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
i added a new mouse/keyboard, monitor, cdwriter +dvdrom in last 4 years and a pci graphic card=geforce4mx 440 pci with agp 8x(perhasp faster that normail pci) in 2004 to give it a new lease of life as he couldnt afford a upgrade then

and with this all lease of life, i use my pc for all msofficework, dreamweaver, audio recording+editting with adobe audition and encodingwith dr divx and also gaming (albeit at lower reso and detail)

i have played cod1,cod2, ron+exp, nfsug 1 &2, aoe3, gta VC, gtaSA which i culdnt even think of playing on my p3

but the card i bougt from tech-arena member has a small defect which i knew about while buying red looks black( blood and gore games dont look offending) and green looks yellow.

now i wanna install a tv tuner and tv will look colourless and lifeless. so wanted a more powerfull graphics card but pci
to play games better and also look better

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Gunshot, whats ur motherboard......
If u have an AGP slot.....u would be unsmart enough to get a PCI when AGP slot is available.....get an AGP from a good company such as XFX.....the defect u r mentioning is a manufacturer defect.
PS:sry i assumed u only had PCI slot and a P3

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
it wud be unsmart to ask about agp cards knowing i dont have any slots?

i know what i m talking about
when i said pci card i mean pci only cause my old 810e mobo doesnt have any agp slots

how dumb of u. i mentioned in many places that i have an old p3

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
GunshotSilence said:
it wud be unsmart to ask about agp cards knowing i dont have any slots?

i know what i m talking about
when i said pci card i mean pci only cause my old 810e mobo doesnt have any agp slots

how dumb of u. i mentioned in many places that i have an old p3

Mind it....y call any1 dumb :twisted: :evil: ......ur asking for help and so be humble....have anywhere in this thread u had mentioned that u have 810e???......does mentioning u having P3 means u have 810e??...forget abt other threads......it i snot necessarry that every1 reads ur all threads posted by u :evil: .......... ur not a STAR for us to do that.......SO BETTER BE HUMBLE WHILE ASKING FOR HELP :evil:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Even if i want to i will not help a rude person :evil: ....can u please point out where u have mentioned that u have 810e mobo IN THIS THREAD before Mystichalo asked for it....... :roll: ?????....

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
GunshotSilence said:
i added a new mouse/keyboard, monitor, cdwriter +dvdrom in last 4 years and a pci graphic card=geforce4mx 440 pci with agp 8x(perhasp faster that normail pci) in 2004 to give it a new lease of life as he couldnt afford

Hey listen u dumb***, y the hell have u written that u got an AGP 8x card on a normal 810e mobo. 810e doesnt support AGP, all right?
And where have u mentioned u have 810e? And if u have 810e...then y the hell r u cursing me.....damn it...i've given u the details of the right card.... :evil: ....get FX 5200....thats PCI, OK????

PS:Sorry modz if u find this offending...but this guy has made me mad with RAGE.
wiz...u r right....we r not supposed to help RUDE ppl here.

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
GunshotSilence wrote:

i added a new mouse/keyboard, monitor, cdwriter +dvdrom in last 4 years and a pci graphic card=geforce4mx 440 pci with agp 8x(perhasp faster that normail pci) in 2004 to give it a new lease of life as he couldnt afford

Hey listen u dumb***, y the hell have u written that u got an AGP 8x card on a normal 810e mobo. 810e doesnt support AGP, all right?
And where have u mentioned u have 810e? And if u have 810e...then y the hell r u cursing me.....damn it...i've given u the details of the right card.... ....get FX 5200....thats PCI, OK????

PS:Sorry modz if u find this offending...but this guy has made me mad with RAGE.
wiz...u r right....we r not supposed to help RUDE ppl here.

guys PLZ REPAIR UR HALF KNOWLEDGE. i said

a pci graphic card=geforce4mx 440 pci with agp 8x(perhasp faster that normail pci)

meaning MY PCI CARD IS WITH AGP8X TECH=FASTER pci card than normal geforce4 mx440

IF YA think pci cards with agp8x: a JOKE. then SEE PIC
*www.shopping.com/xPF-Evga_64MB_DDR_PCI_Graphics_21170803

*img378.imageshack.us/img378/2931/pcicard8mc.jpg
*img352.imageshack.us/img352/6528/032120060120353jr.jpg

I NEVER SAID MY MOBO HAD AGP8X.

so plz keep ur egos and misunderstandings aside. im not here to fight or prove anyone wrong. but dont intimidate me. i know what im speaking when i do

sorry
if i hurt u

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
I dont think that ur card was gonna give AGP 8x performance on a PCI interface.
Yea, ebay is safe 2 buy( but check out that u have picked the correct seller)

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
GunshotSilence said:
is 3450 suitable for a xfx fx5200 with fan
a without fan costs 2600

whis is better? i can spend max 2700
its very obvious that u will have 2 buy the one without fan....coz of ur BUdgET :lol:

stalin

Journeyman
I plan to Buy 2 Nos. of ASUS EN6600GT/TD/128 Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card. It got SLI Feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom