i wanna buy graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Bravo

Broken In
i wanna buy a graphics accelerator card which makes me play games like FIFA 2004, Doom 3, Rise of Nations etc with decent performance and costs less than 5000

i have a celeron 500 Mhz.

what do u suggest?
:roll:
PLZ don't comment on my CPU, I Love it!!!

but if u do plz tell me a configuration that'll cost me less than 20,000 (including graphics card) and performs well.
i'm also confused as people say that amd processors are cr*p but they look cool to me as they are economical

can any onboard solution help???

Sourabh

Laptoping
well seriously even if u get a high end graphic card ur CPU will be a bottle neck and u wont be able to play the games well

it wod be advisable to upgrade ur system with the 5k and get some good onboard solution to play most games at descent resolution

*well sorry had to comment on the CPU , coz it wod be waste of 5k on the graphic card

sell ur old system and get a descent amd/intel system for a good gaming performance

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Post in the sticky of the Graphics Card post. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761.
20k and you want to run Doom3. Nah, stretch it to around 25-28k. and whoever said AMD processors are crap are crap themselves.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
hey jhonny how's the girls chasing going on... ;)

well sorry to say but plz dump ur celeron and ur current motherboard and ram....

now u want to have a sys. within 20K to let u play latest games like doom3 and HL2....well lets try...

processor: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ priced arnd. Rs.5300 approx.
Motherboard: Asus K8N(nforce 3 chipset) priced arnd. Rs.5500 approx.
RAM: Transcend 256 MB 400 Mhz priced arnd. Rs.1600 approx.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9600 SE, 128 MB DDR priced arnd. Rs.5500 approx.

Total Amount: Rs.17900 or max Rs.18000

Rest assured that with this config. u'll be able to play latest games at MEDIUM SETTINGS....

EDIT: If u get this config. within Rs.17000 then try to go for Radeon 9600 pro instead of 9600 SE...its just 3K more then Radeon 9600 SE but better in performance...infact i suggest u to go for radeon 9600 pro if u can..

gud luck!

ENjoy :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
well but he wod still need to get a new descent 350W SMPS if he wishes to upgrade on the same old cabinet

and if u have a 15" monitor do dit*h the same and get a 17" monitor from the saved money from 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom