i Scrached my head ..but kudnt get it -Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
resently some where in the forum i came to a post which says P-4 Prescott 3.6 overclocked to 6 gz .........so i am confused that if it can be overclocked to this extect they why Intel is stuck to 3.x mark ..why donn they overclock it to 4 or 4.5 (coz normal pple donn hav Liquid cooling)by default and launch it......

thus not only they can earn more revenues by putting old wine in new Bottle..but can put AMD way back in the race........... :?:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Dude....
If you overclock your PC to that extent you will nedd liquid nitrogen to keep your PC cool... And it reduces the life of the processor.. and it's costly too...

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
dear pradeep i am scraching my own hair not urs.... 8) ...so if u have a proper ans to my q then ur welcome...else u there r lotto other places wher u can scrach ur ***................. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

theraven

Technomancer
control urself guys .. relax a bit
saROman .. the question of overclockin a 3.XX to 6 ghz is quite bizarre
yeah u will need something like liquid nitrogen coolin for ur processor for sure
a project to overclock a 3.4 GHz maxed out at 3.8 Ghz the aim being 4ghz ..
this too with water cooling
the processors are made to survive those particular clock speeds
so it doesnt come factory overclocked and ofcourse thats unsafe for ur processor should anything go wrong
yes it reduces the life of ur processor ..

apart from the most important point above ...normal ppl dont have water cooling ... and thats y intel doesnt overclock the processors ....
let alone to 4-4.5 ... which isnt even possible in normal circumstances
u wanna overclock without water cooling ?
clock a 3.4 ghz to a max of 3.5 ghz
thats where ull top off
i hope this is more clear to u now !

DKant

In the zone
i Scrached my head ..but kudnt get it -Part II

Hey this is copyright infringement!!! ;)

And BTW overclocking will increase the cost of the sys (cooling et al) and reduce the life of the procy, as has already been pointed out. And speaking about AMD well as far as I know AMD64's can't be overclocked a lot, or perhaps even a little. It's the XP's that r overclocker's langotiya yaars ;). Some1 plz correct me if I'm wrong.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If i'm not wrong with adding cost of Liquid Nitrogen Cooling ..we can get atleast 50 Intel 3.2 processors....Try telling Intel to sell CPU at that cost...!!!! :p

theraven

Technomancer
i couldnt agre more
i shifted to AMD 2 months back
couldnt be happier
infact my laptop has an AMD ATHLON 2500 M processor too ;)

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
Hmm well no one Belived me then ......now check this..... :x :x

Pple i dont clame some thing with out Checking....... :evil: :evil: :evil:

*fugger.netfirms.com/6010ghz.jpg*fugger.netfirms.com/6302.jpg

Source : *xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44785&page=1&pp=25

Saroman Rulez :evil: :evil: :evil: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dude...first of all if you did go thru that thread these guys did as a pure enthusiasts way. Second processor speeds have become irrelevant which the AMD CPU's have proven esp in the past 6 months. The newer FX cores beats any Intel in terms of performance benchmarks. Intel dropped the idea of the 4ghz CPU as there were huge heat concerns. Now they are conc on CPU's with dual cores and 64 bit chips. I think gone are the days when we see speeds being an issue.

ironcross77

Broken In
I think the image is photoshopped. BESIDES ITS NOT TECHINCALLY POSSIBLE ot overclock any present generation desktop processor to 6 ghz.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ironcross77 said:
I think the image is photoshopped. BESIDES ITS NOT TECHINCALLY POSSIBLE ot overclock any present generation desktop processor to 6 ghz.

Please read the link provided in the post. These guys are extreme OCers and are quite well known and acknowledged too. Also there is an article about them and their 6ghz OCing in the Inquirer.net so check it b4 u say something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom