I recently bought a nVidia GeForce4 4000 MX GFX card,i need to know how it performs

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I'll be honest .... "Its a ****ty card .. u could have instead got a FX5200 .. that'd have been wayyyyyy better " ...

Journeyman
I would rate GeForce 5200 FX as the extreme low end today.
Anything below is not good enough..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
At Rs. 6,500, I don't think XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB is very costly either.

6600gt is 7-7.5k not lower than that . and gf4 mx is money waste , and abt how it performs ....... it performs ????

i dont know for how much u got the mx but u have surely wasted that much money. :|

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If you would have asked me this question in back in say 2002 then i would have said that it was a good GPU back then but now its would just seem too pathetic to rate on any scale.The onboards these days have even surpassed this dedicated card.Come to think of it the MX4000 was a Dx8 card with low pixel shader support and lower Open_Gl version which is very weak if you pair it against the latest cutting edge games.Simply put 'The Card is phased out'.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Re: I recently bought a nVidia GeForce4 4000 MX GFX card,i need to know how it perfor

GeForce 4= Good enough for playin HalfLife and CS; manages to RUN Photoshop;not for 3D apps., suites basic office purposes, an option if u just need it as an altenative to Onboard video memory.

GeForce 5= Good enough to play HalfLife and CS @ high fps and good resolutions, runs Photoshop well, best option if ur budget is arnd 3-4k

GeForce 6= should be able to play most games at comfortable FPS, runs PS,3D applications fine, costs start from Rs 5.5-6k (no need for internet,programming,office purposes)

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
hi!
i bought nvidia mx 4000 about 3 months ago.
i hav played [nfs mw, gta : sa , call of duty 2] it had no prob. i was cool then
but when i tried to install CRASHDAY from DIGIT (april issue) it detected my card and asked for pixel shader and then i found that this card is useless

it hurts but it's the truth man

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Re: I recently bought a nVidia GeForce4 4000 MX GFX card,i need to know how it perfor

Ace Ventura said:
thanks for ur valuable replies.I really appreciate it!

this forum rocks!!
Doeesnt make any differnece, u have already bought the card, so whats the point of askin how it performas, u'll find it out urself in a day or two

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

MysticHalo said:
GeForce 4= Good enough for playin HalfLife and CS; manages to RUN Photoshop;not for 3D apps., suites basic office purposes, an option if u just need it as an altenative to Onboard video memory.

GeForce 5= Good enough to play HalfLife and CS @ high fps and good resolutions, runs Photoshop well, best option if ur budget is arnd 3-4k

GeForce 6= should be able to play most games at comfortable FPS, runs PS,3D applications fine, costs start from Rs 5.5-6k (no need for internet,programming,office purposes)

Hi,

in geforce 4 u missed the ti series on which u can play the games like hl2 @ max settings with aa and af enabled at resolution of 1024x768 . so keep the mx series and the ti series in diff catagory when u mention the geforce 4 .

geforce 5 series starts from varients of 5200 with price range starting from Rs 1800/- approx and not 3-4k , u can also get ATI counterparts of the 9x series for a lower price which imo are better choice then the cards in the nvidia's geforce 5 series.

Geforce6 series is good and the cards are priced very well , u can get a agp geforce 6200 128mb for as low as 3-3.2 k and a pci-e one with tc for even lower price. 6600gt is priced around 7-8k, depends on which brand u go for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom